5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 1:24 AM by edwardd. RSS

JW Marriott Hongkong

drlonim Member
Currently Being Moderated

Travelling with my family to Hongkong for the first time and staying at the JW Marriott at Pacific Place.

Just wondering how far is Disneyland from the hotel and what is the best mode of transportation?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hong Kong, China
  • Re: JW Marriott Hongkong
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

I don't know about Disneyland, but I do know that when we stayed at the JW 11 years ago(time flies), it was fabulous!!!  Have a wonderful time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stevehk Silver

Hi, I live in Hong Kong and also chose to stay in the JW Marriott when I had renovation works carried out on my Hong Kong Apartment.  The JW is a superb hotel with great rooms and restaurants located on top of the Pacific Place shopping complex, an excellent upmarket Hong Kong shopping centre with cinema's, restaurants and a wide selection of shops. There is also the beautiful Hong Kong Park located immediately behind Pacific Place. Pacific Place also has three other hotels on top of it, the Conrad, the Island Shangrila and the Halfway House.  From Pacific Place you can walk (2 minutes) through the underground passage into the Admiralty Mass Transit Railway Station.

The JW Marriott is located on Hong Kong Island, between the Central Business district to the west and Wanchai to the east. Rooms generally overlook Victoria harbour or have a mountain view looking back towards the wooded mountains that make up the centre of Hong Kong Island.

Disneyland is located on Lantau Island, near Hong Kong International Airport and is well away from the urban areas of Kowloon and Hong Kong Island. The simpliest way to get to Disneyland is to take the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) from Admiralty Station to Disneyland. Disneyland has its own MTR Station!!  I would say that it would take you about 35-40 minutes to get to Disneyland from Admiralty Station.  This link is useful http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/tools/transportation/detail?name=ByMTRDetailPage You would take the Train from Admiralty to Central (next stop) walk through to Hong Kong Station where you can buy your Disneyland park tickets and then take the train from Hong Kong station to Disneyland. There are hotels at Disneyland, but no Marriott Brand hotels.

Enjoy

drlonim Member
    Thanks a lot.

drlonim Member

o Thank you so much Steve. The information you provided is really useful. I wil think and plan.

edwardd. Member 1 Reviews

I booked a 3 night stay at HongKong SkyCity Marriott Hotel, but I decided not to book the Disneyland package. Where can I get Disneyland tickets aside from the park itself. I read somewhere that there are tickets available at the airport at cheaper price, is this true?

And how much is the breakfast buffet in this hotel?

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...