5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2011 7:22 PM by nuhusker RSS

Very dissapointed ......

mjm050 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Let me start by saying first, I am a Marriott fan. As a Platinum Rewards member for many years, I have spent many nights for business and pleasure across the country. I have stayed in this particular location several times before. Having said that I will go out of my way next trip to Denver to find another Marriott location.

My daughter and I were there to visit family. We arrived and the fellow at the desk checked us in. Let me add he DID NOT recognize our Platinum status (a Marriott rule). We got to the floor and I immediately noticed nearly the entire floor was being used for seminars, meetings, etc. with notes that later they would be hospitality rooms. Strike one!

We immediately went to the front desk and I told the fellow that was unacceptable. He hemmed and hawed and said it would take a couple hours to get another room for us. Strike two!

We went to lunch, walked the area and came back. Our next room was situated on the corner at the elevator on the sixth floor. (At least it was two floors higher than the first.) Had he paid ANY attention to my profile he would have known we always look for the highest floor available. I asked since there are eleven floors but was told this was the best they could do.

That evening, after a wonderful day with the family, we came back to the room ready for a good night's rest. I had no sooner put my head on the pillow than the screaming and yelling from the hall came about and continued for several minutes. I finally opened the door and asked the large group of revelers if they could tone it down just a bit. There was some grousing and gestures but they agreed. I went to sleep. Around 3am, there was quite a fuss going on in the hall but when I heard representatives from the hotel attending to the situation, I went back to sleep. Gee I wonder why both my daughter and I were so tired the following morning. What I learned was that the entire bridal group was on our floor for an upcoming wedding. Lucky us!

The next day was again a terrific day with the family. This time late in the evening we were greeted by fireworks and people running up and down the hall. Strike three!

I am done with the JW Marriott in Denver. This was an abysmal trip as far as accommodations go. I can only imagine how they treat their less frequent visitors.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountainview room or you will be staring at an office building.
Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Mike Murray

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Denver, Pennsylvania, USA
  • Re: Very dissapointed ......
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Mike

what a drag.  But surely you were upgraded to a suite, right?  I'm told that happens all the time......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Mike, your stay was terrible and thanks for the tips on what to ask for.  I am not surprised at the "no Platinum welcome" since it appears to a rule ignored at most Marriott hotels these days.  I would certainly be vocal to customer care and others about this lack of consideration for you and your family.

And I would keep bugging the hotel (GMs tend to listen to serious and thoughtful complaints like yours) about this so that it never happens to you or me again.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

not all the time just 98.6%, shoeman

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Mike

i wouldn't bother contacting anyone.  I would just stop going there.  We should not be put into the position of being Marriotts watchdogs.  Just my opinion.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Shoeman -- you know that in principle I agree with you.  But I also realize that me , you, Barry, and whoever else should decide to avoid this particular hotel or any other for that matter, won't amount to a mere blip to Marriott's bottom line.  I do agree, though, that if every insider who claims to never go back to a particular hotel, or to change to another chain, will at least prove the point that we ain't got no Marriott  ball and chain around our leg.  I stay only where I'm welcome, and if at check-in I don't feel welcome, I leave...right then.  If my check in is past the  magic 6pm hour, I stay one night and leave the next morning. I do occasionally send an email to customer care about any unpleasant stay with the expectation that if they get enough complaints something will change.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...