6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2011 9:09 PM by lmousey RSS

Family Rewards Program

mitman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to propose and see what other members think about a fAMILY rewards program where stays, points, status and redemptions are maintained on a family basis. I often make reservations on behalf of my grown children because the get concierge access under my platinium status and because the booking is guaranteed if made under my name if made no less than 48 hours in advance.

Sometimes, I even get credit for their stay although I don't think this is actually permitted but results from an administrative error on the part of Marriott. In any event, I suspect that many families would like to operate as a unit. It would benefit both families and Marriott since the incentive to stay at Marriott properties would extend to the whole family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Family Rewards Program
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great idea but likely one that Marriott will veto, since the costs entailed in the program (with over 34 million members) are large, the points used costly to them, and the single earner concept well entrenched in loyalty programs.  If another program tries this, there might be a chance for implementation, whenever and however it works for that chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Sounds appealing, but I wouldn't want my employer to try to enroll and consolidate all the points from us "offspring". 

It's one of the few perks that makes business travel somewhat tolerable.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Versel

several years ago, many employers worked out deals with credit card company's as well as hotel and airline establishments that did just that!  Fortunately, most of those programs were short-lived, due in part, to the uproar of those of us road warriors affected.  that said, I know of several companies that continue to collect ALL of the amex points for their own coffers.  sure doesn't seem fair to take away one of the few perks in "road-warrior" status.....

sirtravelsalot Platinum

Couldn't agree more Shoeman!

sirtravelsalot Platinum

It is disappointing, isn't it?  I just sent my daughter to LA for the week after her HS graduation and set her up in nothing but Marriotts.  Later, I found out that I did not get any credit for those visits at all because I was not the person checking in...she was.  BUT, I could have saved a bunch of money sending her to other hotels other than the Marriotts.  Damn shame that they would not give me credit.  I will have to consider another another chain.  Oh well Marriott...I hope you are listening...HINT HINT HINT!!!

lmousey Gold

I love this idea.    It would be great it that were possible.  I am a brand loyalist and my family knows this is the chain we use. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...