2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2011 7:15 AM by arkwright RSS

March 2012 Honeymoon

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I'm wondering if folks could share their recomendations for a great honeymoon hotel during mid to late March?  A lot of the properties in the Caribbean look like they are a little too "busy" for what we are ideally looking for.  We like the Renaissance in St. Croix, but are nervous about the reviews it's received re: outdated rooms.  We also have looked at some of the resorts in Spain (Malerba Beach) and one in Lisbon, Portugal.

Ideally I'd like a property that is a little secluded, but also known for great service.

Thanks for any suggestions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: March 2012 Honeymoon
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Congratulations on the upcoming nups!

How long will you have for your honeymoon? 

I enjoyed the Marbella resort in Spain but I wouldn't go all the way to Spain to lay on a beach. 

You could break up your honeymoon with some time at the Marbella Beach Resort and some time in other Andalucian cities, such as Seville, Cordoba, and Granada, at the AC Hotels.  By March 2012, you'll be able to use your points at the AC Hotels in Spain, Portugal and Italy.  March should be a wonderful time from a weather standpoint to be in southern Spain.

Congrats and have a great trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: March 2012 Honeymoon
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jakeal

My congratulations too - in anticipation!

I'd endorse each of NewHilton's comments and add the following:

1. Late March - even in Southern Europe - is not guaranteed of the type of weather you'd need to spend time on a beach;

2. You'd be lucky to find a secluded beach/hotel on the southern and eastern coasts of Spain;

The above add even more force to NewHitlon's suggestion that you might spend time in the likes of Seville, Granada and Cordoba - each of which has a timeless fascination and shouldn't be too crowded (or hot) in March.

The Marriott at Pria Del Rey (about 70 kms north of Lisbon) is pleasant, and there are some delightful villages nearby, BUT you would be at the mercy of the Atlantic weather systems at that time.

If you are willing to travel further east, then you might consider either Greece - using the Athens Marriott as a base and then taking ferries to the Islands - or Turkey. But again, in each case, the weather at that time of year cannot be guaranteed

Good luck too - wherever

-- Edited by Arkwright at Jul 13, 2011 4:12 AM PDT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...