6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2011 12:21 PM by ginger33 RSS

dParking Fees

mvarone02864 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know how everyone feels, but as a Marriott member for almost 10 years it seems like a slap in the the face that a room will cost $439.00 + $59.00 in taxes, they still add on a $20 parking fee.  Does anyone else feel like they should let you park for free?

• Re: dParking Fees
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You're paying over $500 a night for the room, and complaining about a measley 20 bucks for parking?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cmcminn Platinum

I totally agree with you. Even when the room rates are at a much more reasonable rate, I woudl expect that as a long-standing patron (Platinum member for last 5 years) that complementary parking woudl not be an unreasonable thing to expect.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Insiders - This is a topic that has been tossed around several times in these forums. As a Platinum, I must say that I would like to to have free parking offered to me, however, as others have discussed in previous discussions, in some properties, especially in cities, the cost of parking is very high and for Marriott to offer free parking, they would have to make the cost up somewhere else - perhaps cutting back on the concierge lounge, or raising room rates. You don't get something for nothing anymore. Also, I suspect that the $400 some-odd price mentioned in the original post was for a multi-day stay and not just one night as surmised by another insider. While I sympathize and have been in that same situation, I take parking fees as a necessary evil.

nhtraveler

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

NHTraveler is correct. This subject has been discussed at large here many, many times.

While I totally understand that some properties do not have their own parking facilities but act as a middleman, there are an awful lot of properties that are standalone and yet have that swing gate. Some that come to mind are Orlando World Center and Grande Lakes resort and San Francisco Airport. I can see these properties offering free parking to elites.

ginger33 Member 4 Reviews

OMG I AGREE TO THE 10TH POWER.

WHAT A DISRESPECT TO US. WE SHOULD BE REWARDED TO STAY NOT CHARGED TO PARK. IT ALL SEEMS TO BE ADDING UP TO A BIG GIMMICK, THAT I AM ABOUT TO STOP USING THE MARRIOTT ALL TOGETHER

ginger33 Member 4 Reviews

YES, ???? MONEY IS MONEY AND ONLY A FOOL WOULD ANSWER WITH THAT REPLY. IF ONE PAYS 500 A NIGHT ONE WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE VALET. JUST AN INTELLIGENT CONSUMER WHO HAS BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY MONEY. I AM SURE YOU DONT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...