3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 5:53 PM by jamespb RSS

GiftCards - SkyMall says you can buy Marriott bedding...

jamespb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently saw that the description for Marriott Gift Cards on the Marriott/SkyMall site explicitly says that you can use the Gift Cards for "luxurious Marriott bedding", so I bought $150 worth in cards with points, and then attempted to buy 2 pillows.

NO DICE!  There is no way to use Gift Cards to buy Marriott Pillows.  So, I called Marriott Rewards, and they told me that I should call the SkyMall people.  I called the Sky Mall people and they told me that "Oh, you sure can use them".  So after I got them to believe me that Marriott will not accept THEIR OWN GIFT CARDS for bedding, even though THEIR OWN REWARDS SHOPPING SITE SAYS YOU CAN, I asked for my points back, because I have no use for these cards otherwise.

They told me that they couldn't just refund the points, and that a supervisor would call me after the Holiday (it was early Friday, July 1) on Tuesday.  I haven't heard, and I'm pretty annoyed.  Either send me the pillows, or refund the points, and at the very least, change the copy on the SkyMall site so customers aren't misled any longer.  It still says you can use the cards for bedding (see attached, taken today).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...