0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 11:21 AM by jtravel RSS

Residence Inn Phoenix North/Happy Valley

jtravel Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently used a Visa Free Night Certificate for a stay at Cat 4 Residence Inn Phoenix North/Happy Valley 2035 W Whispering Wind Drive (formerly Hatfield Rd.),
Phoenix, Arizona 85085 USA

This is a newer residence Inn property that shares a large resort size pool and common area with a Courtyard Inn on the other side of the pool area.  The King one bedroom suite was large and very modern with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. Large Flat screen HDTV’s that unfortunately had the input jacks disabled so I could not connect my laptop. I called the front desk and asked if they had a TV remote that would allow me to access the TV setup menu so I could use my laptop with it. I was politely informed they were not available and that the hotel did this on purpose so that guests would purchase Lodgenet PPV offerings.  This might be a minor issue and I do understand the need to find ways to boost hotel revenue but find this policy unacceptable.  The JW Marriott I stayed at the week before had jack on the side of the TV cabinet making it easy for guests to connect their laptop or other AV equipment.  

The large pool was very refreshing and open 6am to 10 pm. I do enjoy a evening and morning swim so these hours were perfect. The 24 hour exercise room was very nicely equipped and also served my very well.

The included morning breakfast was the normal residence inn fare. Same Tasteless powder eggs but here they had shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream to add if you wanted.  I really liked the Yogurt parfaits with granola and blue berries and strawberries that could be added. Coffee not upto my standards but I travel with my Keurig Mini Kcup brewer so I’m covered in that area.  

This property definitely deserves the Cat 4 rating and I would be happy to stay here again when visiting the area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Arizona, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...