5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2011 8:05 AM by mraddicted RSS

Gold to Platinum?

amyerin Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So I hit 75 nights in a row a few days ago and continue to stay in Marriott's at least for another week. Since it takes at least a few days or more for everything to catch up, what happens to the bonus 1000 miles I'm entitled to when I check in?  Do I just not get those since the platinum has not yet kicked in?  Sure wish this all wouldn't take so long to catch up -- especially since I'm booking directly through their site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold to Platinum?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

When you log on what does your page look like?  First time I made platinum the status changed to Platinum the next day.  A call to MR will confirm the change as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

When I went from Gold to Plat it also took a few days for the stay with night 75 to hit my account.  At the same time my Plat status showed, they also gave me the increased Plat bonus on my stays since I hit 75,  I didn't received the arrival gift points.

I agree that reaching out to Customer Service to insure timely recording of your stay to make sure your points are updated.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm a little brain tired so help me clear my head. You mention the 1000 point bonus. I'm not sure to what you're referring. When I check in, the front desk folks ask me if I want the points or a gift from the pantry. The points are always 200, aren't they? There are also the bonus points which are calculated as an additional 50% of total stay points. That number is always different since the dollars spent is different.

So...... what is the 1000 point bonus?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

From the Rewards Terms & Conditions (Platinum status):

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift: Complimentary refreshments delivered to your guestroom or the option of bonus points added to your account. Available at all participating Marriott hotel brands. Marriott Vacation Club and EDITION offer only Platinum Arrival Gift 500 bonus points option. At The Ritz-Carlton, you will automatically receive an Arrival Gift of 1,000 points if you are a points-earning member or 500 miles in your preferred airline program on file if you are a miles earner. For stays in North America, Platinum Members earning Points can receive 200 bonus points at Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, Springhill Suites by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott as their arrival gift option.

(Edited for brevity): The Platinum Arrival Gift bonus points option is available only to Points earning Rewards Program Platinum Members. Platinum Members earning Miles can not choose the bonus points.

mraddicted Platinum

I was in the same boat - made a phone call and they posted my status change immediately and with great pleasure!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...