1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 3, 2011 10:26 AM by tef6178 RSS

Beverly, MA - Which Hotel and Rewards Program?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello insiders,

As mentioned in some of my other posts, I usually have long-term assignments of 9-18 months. I have a new one begining July 11 and was hoping for input on the Beverly, MA hotels near the Cummings Center. This project looks good for 16-18 months, so it is another "investment" in a frequent stay program and property.

Things to consider: I've been PP for 7 years, earned Platinum Emeritus two years ago, and have 80 paid (307 total) nights for 2011. Client is paying expenses, but they must be "reasonable" in cost.

TWO QUESTIONS:

1) Should I try to find a Marriott brand and keep earning points and go for year #8 as a PP? If so, any good value-for-the-$ properties in the area?

2) Should I transfer to HH and challenge a status match for my MR status? If so, what Hilton brand would be recommended with similar good value-for-the-$?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Beverly, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Beverly, MA - Which Hotel and Rewards Program?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi PINGREEMAN:

I'm not sure how many Hilton properties are in proximity to the Beverly area. One thing to consider is that this is a very intense traffic area. Routes 114 and 62 are always packed full of stop and go movement. Lots of traffic lights, intersections and Boston drivers. Being from the area, it is a must to consider travel time from wherever you stay.

That being said, I have stayed at the Spring Hill Suites and the Marriott Peabody. I have found, at times, the Marriott Peabody offers rates that are better then the lower end properties. Don't know if you negotiate for a rate, but the Marriott is a better choice for travel time and type of location. Rates are always higher there this time of year. Beverly, Salem, Marblehead, Gloucester, Rockport and more are all an easy reach from this location so they are busier this time of year.

It's a beautiful area to visit and work!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...