0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2011 12:47 PM by nptravelers RSS

Los Angeles - West Covina

nptravelers Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Fellow Travellers,

If your planning on staying at the NEW Fairfield Inn in West Covina DON'T.  Marriott should rename this property Motel6, no wait that's too good for them, try Motel 11/2.  Even though it's a new property they need retraining, no wait, FIRING, and starting with a whole new staff, from the "General Manager" on down.

Can you imagine, they promote their "suite" rooms with microwaves, fridges and more.  They make it sound like the whole hotel is minisuites, yet only 29 out of 81 rooms is.  They promote on their room fact sheet they have "some" rooms with fridges yet when I had made reservations well 2-3 weeks before and requested a fridge, upon check-in, imagine 1 hour before their check-in time of 3PM they couldn't fine one.  they said "you checked in EARLY so we didn't have any. They didn't have any at 3 or at 4, imagine that!!!!

We called customer care and the outright LIED to us saying that if we waited till the evening they would have one for us.  My wife called the front desk and she overheard the "GM" say to the front desk rep., "if she thinks that I'll pull a fridge out of one of my suites, she's crazy" and that was the end of my stay.

They should go to Europe and try the new AC Hotels chain that Marriott just purchased.  What a difference.  As a platinum member they scrapped and bowed from the moment you walked in the door.  Service was the #1 priority and it showed.  Free upgrades, gifts, etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
West Covina, California, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...