This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 9:57 AM by NathalieF RSS

The Goal?

columbussig Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a somewhat active member of this group.  Going back to a book I am sure many of us have read or heard about.

What is the goal of "The Insiders"

I understand the web and forums such as this is a good way to openly communicate with individual across the world on several different aspects of our Marriott experiences.

But is that just it?

I get updates from Marriott as they respond to general questions about stays, areas, policies, etc.

However, do we ever get feedback on the tough to answer questions?  Often times the insiders banter back and forth for a few weeks and the issue fades away without a response from Marriott.

So as you go to relaunch "The Insiders Website"  what is your goal of this forum and group?

I ask are you only go to provide cursory information on areas, policies, and general feedback or are you going to answer the tough questions and make a true difference?

It is great to collect the Voice of your Customers information but are you actually going to listen and act on our voices?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Goal?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Excellent questions all.

Insiders began as a forum for shared travel experiences, as the welcome page suggests.  Started in 2008 it has changed, sometimes for the better and other times for the worse.  It's a forum that tends to attract some new but mostly older (not in age but frequency) posters.

In my time as an Ambassador there was discussion of how the site could be more responsive to the posts of Insiders and at times both TJC and I (the first ones) would bring something to the attention of Andrew for resolution or discussion.

Now that I am a former Ambassador I can't speak to what is being done but hope that the September relaunch will allow more give and take with Marriott on issues of concern.

Ambassadors are there to act as guides and liaison, so don't hesitate to IM them if there's a really serious issue.  I hope that at least partially answers your question.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi

what's the deal with the September re-launch?  I was not aware of this.  does this mean a total re-design of the site?

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Andy posted something fairly recently on the Insider's Lobby section here:

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/thread/null

It will be not only a re-design, but from my understanding a new provider as well. While I haven't seen a preview, I'm hoping this means other enhancements as well (better search, filtering, categorizaton, etc.). If Prof and I do happen to get some sort of advance look at it, I'll be sure to post my thoughts.

If you participated in the (rather lengthy) survey several weeks ago, that's what it was all about.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

From what I have heard it will be a new design, and more importantly will be hosted by a new platform that can do more things than the current one.

ProfChiara

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

I have much sympathy with many of the concerns you list. As those better acquainted with it than I have already pointed out, visiting the Insider site in its current format can be a confusing or, at worst, frustrating experience. One simple observation might be relevant:  a greater consensus about the main purpose of the site would seem to be a necessary precondition for introducing improvements to its capacity to achieve its objective(s).

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Arkwright

I would totally agree with you IF it were our site.  Truth is, it is owned, maintained, and under the full control of Marriott.  Additionally, the Insiders page is just a small part of the entire website.  Attempting some input is a nice idea, but controlling the functions?????  Won't happen.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

This thread is closed but can be continued here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...