8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 11:24 AM by nuhusker RSS

Heaven on Earth

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been on a 6 week run of too many hotels, too many cities, not enough sleep.  Well, I had the pleasure of spending last evening at the St Louis Ritz-Carlton.  I do not have this pleasure often enough, but every time I do, I ask myself why all hotels cannot meet the standard set by this chain, and the specific execution of those standards by this location.  Seriously, I cherish every minute I am at the hotel.  From the front desk greeting, to the arrival gift, the fabulous work out area, the great lobby bar, the room accomadations, the bathroom, the coffee, the 4 bottles of water in the room, the unbelievable bed, the quiet, yet efficient a/c, the above-par toiletries, and the list could go on.  I love this place!  When in st louis, give this a try.  You too will love it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
  • Re: Heaven on Earth
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Wow!  Awesome review!  just one question...if all the other hotels met that same standard, would they have to charge the same price?  Since I've never stayed in a Ritz Carlton, I'll take your word for it that it's worth the money and more.  Thanks, Shoeman.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

In my industry, we have a mantra of:  we will make the best shoe possible for the price.  so, whether it is a $20 shoe or a $200 shoe, the standard is the same.  the execution will obviously be different, but the standard should always be the same.  It's a philosophy. Yes, added expenses for better stuff has to trickle down to the consumer, no doubt about that.  For me, it is the mind-set at Ritz that cannot be beat.  Wish I could afford to stay at the chain more often......

Like I said, you convinced me.  And, I agree, there have been many times I'd have paid more if that meant better service.  By the way, I grew up with Bass weejuns and EE Taylor tassel loafers.  Both are hard, if not impossible, to find anymore.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Shoeman,

Thanks for sharing this "Good news", with all of us.  Living in St. Louis, I have never stayed there, but have been there.  A great relaxing place in the Winter, with a nice fireplace and lounge area.  The dining is exceptional and the location is also very nice.

Bass weejuns....  I don't think we could afford the real ones, we got the knockoffs.  The brand is still out there, but under a new companies umbrella. Found mainly in Bass Factory Outlet stores.  Not the same quality as back then.  They were all made in New England factories.  One of my friends grandfather had one of those factories.  All went bust.  Now, everything is made in the far east.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I like the idea of the best xxxxx possible for the price. Like you said, it's a philosophy. I have had stays at some lower category hotels that were far superior to some of the higher end properties simply because of the attitude and attention to detail of the staff.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Nuhusker and Shoeman I know this is away from hotel comments but the shoes caught me. Wearing a 13AA it is hard to find anywhere--but I have found A-E, although expensive, has a loafer that I would refer to as a "penny loafer" in the old days we would put a penny, if you well wealthy a dime, in each shoe...enough of this day dreaming....Bill

Judge, I too remember penny in the slot.  And keeping with Shoeman's comment, nowadays I suppose it has to be whatever a chinese coin is called.  Pity.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...