4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2011 10:17 PM by NathalieF RSS

looking to trade for some reward points

albertc Member
Currently Being Moderated

hi all,

i am a marriott rewards member and traveling to NY later this summer.  i would like to take my father and i am short some points.  i am offering 130k hilton honors points in exchange for 130k in marriott reward points.  let me know if anyone is interested.

al

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: looking to trade for some reward points
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Albertc

Good luck with your request.  Being a member of both, I can tell you that 130k HH points are not worth nearly what 130k in MR points works out to be.  You may need to sharpen your pencil.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi,  selling points or trading them falls into the gray and no so gray side of the Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions.  Even if you had the points transferred the person doing the transfer would need to be vouching for you, and might put their Mr account at risk.

Here is the language on transferring points:

1. This Member benefit is available only at time of Reward Redemption (only one Reward request per Reward Redemption, please).

2. Immediately prior to Reward Redemption, a Member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Points into the Rewards Program account of his/her legal spouse or domestic partner, in order to qualify for a specific Reward.

Another rule is that solicitation (which this might be considered) is not permitted on Insiders.

Sorry

janerg Platinum

Have  you thought about buying the points from marriott?  I have been short on points and found it was cheaper to buy them than pay for a hotel room.  Just a thought.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Albertc, We appreciate your participation but SteppingStones is correct on both points. So we ask to please refrain from soliciting within the community and thank you for understanding!

Regards,
    Andy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...