6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2011 1:46 PM by profchiara RSS

Watch out if stay at ExecStay by Marriott

1skyking Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Most of us stay at Marriott because of a varity of reasons, I enjoy the top level so that I can get a room when accomodations are sparce. I stayed 19 nights at ExecStay and received a lously 2500 points. No credit for the nights stayed, and no points for the dollars spent. Marriotts web site claims you receive 1 night credit for every three stayed. I called and emailed but to no avail. So I am telling everyone I know, and that number is in the hundreds of Marriott users. I am with the government and we all travel together, hundred at a time. ExecStay will never be on my list again......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Watch out if stay at ExecStay by Marriott
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I've never liked the policy of 1/2 points (Residence & TownePlace) and 1/4 points (ExecuStay). In my opinion, the purpose of a program is to reward loyalty. What's more loyal than an extended stay? In my opinion, it should be based on nights and revenue and not depend on the property.

If you still have your invoice/folio, you should be able to submit it following the missing stay process found on this page:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/hotel-rewards/faq.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

I can well understand your frustration. The answer I was given a few years ago when, like you, I raised the issue with Marriott Intl was that the "no nights credited" policy existed to protect the "distinctive brand identities" of the various types of hotel. No-one cared to elucidate any further. You might like to note, however, that subsequently - at least in Europe and Asia - the policy has been modified so as to allow 1 night in every 3 to count towards one's annual total and to generate points.

Thank you

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

"the "no nights credited" policy existed to protect the "distinctive brand identities" of the various types of hotel. No-one cared to elucidate any further."

Thanks, Arkwright for providing this quotation from Marriott.  It has to be one of the most confusing non-answers I've ever heard.  I completely agree that long-term stays definitely display brand loyalty and should be rewarded accordingly.

Before I was traveling internationally so much, I often stayed at Residence Inns, but once I got to Gold status I stopped doing so. It was often cheaper (though usually not nearly as pleasant) to stay at Fairfield Inns, where you get full points and nights counted.

ProfChiara

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

The only "distictive brand identity" that I identify with Residence Inns is that I love them because of the full kitchen but hesitate to stay there because of the reduced points.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Marriott should make the policy the same at all properties to be fair.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree with both Versel and SS.  It should be the same for all Marriott properties.  I loved Residence Inns and would in many cases prefer it even for short-term stays because of the surroundings (again, in many cases, not all), the spaciousness, the kitchen, etc.  But I won't with the point system being what it is.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...