6 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 3:17 PM by rocket RSS

TERRIBLE ACCOMIDATIONS - COURTYARD, BOARDWALK, MYRTLE BEACH,

travelbtx Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am extremely disappointed in the level of service, amenities and accommodations offered at the Courtyard Marriott located at 1351 21st Ave North, Myrtle Beach, SC. I have stayed at numerous Marriott brand hotels across the US and this is by far my worst experience. The hotel does not offer wine, has no lounge option and does not offer in room movie ordering. As a business traveler I choose to stay at full service Marriott’s or Courtyards when a full service is not available and am a very loyal rewards member. Until now that is, after long days on the road especially when it is pouring rain outside, a traveler should be able to relax, with a glass of wine while finishing work on the computer and order a movie. The accommodations here are unacceptable and I will not only never recommend a Courtyard stay to anyone due to fear that they may have this experience but am considering switching my rewards membership to the Hilton brand as a whole. Very disappointing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Myrtle Beach Broadway
  • Re: TERRIBLE ACCOMIDATIONS - COURTYARD, BOARDWALK, MYRTLE BEACH,
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I didn't think any Courtyards had lounges (come to think of it, I think I heard that some of the international ones do). Have you stayed at many Courtyards that do? If so, which ones?

As for the wine, that is strange. Most courtyards I've stayed at have had at least one red and one white in the market area by the front desk. And the lack of PPV movies is perplexing. I would think this is a good source of income for many properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iristina Gold

I have stayed in some Courtyards with lounge and evening dining, and some that do not have this. I am considering this hotel for an airport stay of only one night, and have not been able to find much information.

The website lists the last room remodel date as 2006 (which is pretty consisitent with most of the airport hotels I am considering). Can you tell me what the sleep quality was like--clean, comfortable, noise level, etc.? I would appreciate it ~ Thanks!

emmie315 Silver

My family and I attempted to stay at this location back in May 2009. It sounds like nothing has changed.  This Courtyard location is not indicative of all Courtyard Hotels, not even of the other one in MB.

Coming into MB earlier in the week, we stayed at the Courtyard Barefoot Landing for our first night. For the rest of our trip we stayed at the Marriott Grand Dunes (the resort side, not the the hotel) with the grandparents. At the end of the week, we wanted to stay at the Courtyard Boardwalk because it was closer to airport and we had an early flight the next morning.  I was leery of the place just walking into the lobby - dark, dim and dingy-looking. One look at the room and we were out of there. I went back to the desk, cancelled that night's reservation and headed back to the Courtyard Barefoot Landing.

As you can see, I'm a pretty loyal Marriott member, but I won't accept a shabby room, no matter what the brand. I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with this place.

This May, we're heading to MB again, spending our first night at the Courtyard Barefoot Landing and the rest of our time at the Marriott Grand Dunes. Try this location the next time you're in MB.

rocket Platinum

When I read this post initially, I had to look back at which of the two Courtyards my family and I had stayed at in August 2011 and vowed to never to return. Now I am really confused. As it turns out, it was the Courtyard Barefoot Landing, which is adjacent to an RV Park. It just had the feel of an old dingy Holiday Inn. The room we had, was not of the recently remodeled variety, and needed a good general overhaul. Nothing felt clean. The pool area looked unclean, the door out off the pool area was propped open with a brick, allowing quick access from the back parking lot. I can not imagine how bad The Courtyard Boadwalk would be. We too had stayed at the Grand Dunes and that is a beutiful property, which we paln top return to this summer. I may just have to take a detour through these two Courtyard's to see if my recollectons are correct.

bfriend Platinum 2 Reviews

I have stayed at this hotel twice and never will again.  I am a Platinum level member so I am not just randomly nit-picking on a property.  I know my Marriott properties and this hotel may be the worse that I have ever stayed at.

Someone from Marriott corp really needs to pay them an undercover visit and see for themselves.  Unhelpful staff, dirty rooms, computers in lobby that are outdated and don't work. The only redeeming quality I can think of is that they have a good location.  Too bad this hotel can't be leveled and put a nicer facility in that location.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've never stayed at the Courtyard (Broadway) in Myrtle but have stayed at the Marriott Grande Dunes which is an excellent property.   I primarily stay at Courtyards and have never seen one that had a lounge.  I've noticed a lot of Courtyard properties have done away with the Pay Per View system after upgrading their rooms to HD TV's. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...