2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 5:18 AM by lakeshore RSS

Best Use Ever of Free Stay Cert., Chicago Oak Hills Resort

marshallp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I rack up a lot of free stay certificates from the credit card promotion, but many times I find it difficult to use them before the deadline b/c they are only for category 1 - 4.  However, I recently hit the jackpot when using one of them.

I had to be in the western suburbs of Chicago with my family last week, so I did a search for Marriott properties.  There were a lot of them, but I picked the Marriott Oak Hills Resort because it was a Category 4 and looked the nicest, plus I was hoping that maybe I could get a free upgrade based on my platinum status.

I showed up and sure enough, they gave me an upgrade to the Presidential Suite.  I have stayed at hundreds of different hotel rooms around the country and Europe, and this was the largest room I have ever stayed.  It was ridiculously large, with a dining room, 2 baths, a kitchen, 2 living areas, and 2 balconies overlooking the golf course, etc., etc.  Plus, the hotel itself was a very nice golf resort with an nice outdoor pool, nice landscaping, etc.

On top of all that, I selected the wine and chees options for my incoming Platinum gift.  My wife and I finished that, so we called down and they sent up 2 more bottles and another wheel of brie cheese - for free.

To make things even better, we got some Starbucks coffee and rented a movie during our stay.  On the morning of our checkout, the hotel had a problem with the water pressure, so the manager agreed to credit our account for the coffee and movie, so that was free too.

To think I got a free stay in a Presidential Suite at a nice golf resort, plus free wine and cheese, a movie, and amenities - all for a free stay certificate was very nice indeed.  That is why I am a Marriott loyal person.  The rare times that I am dissapointed by something are heavily outweighed by experiences like this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Re: Best Use Ever of Free Stay Cert., Chicago Oak Hills Resort
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

That is indeed the jackpot. I've been upgraded fairly often. In fact, I'm sitting in an upgraded room right now. However, whenever I reserve a room expecting an upgrade it almost never happens. I'm not usually a superstitious person, but this has me wondering...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best Use Ever of Free Stay Cert., Chicago Oak Hills Resort
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Fantastic!  Thanks for sharing!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...