2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2011 8:09 AM by mraddicted RSS

Wait Listing Rooms

vx1100 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've submitted this suggestion to Marriott Customer Service in the past and it of course has not been implemented or I would not be posting this.  As a Rewards member I would love to be able to Wait List a room.

For example, my wife and I have gone to several big sporting events.  Final Fours, BCS Championship, Indy 500...  For most of those events Marriott properties are usually one of the select hotels.  For a Final Four in Indy one year the Marriott was the UCLA hotel.  What a good party that was.

Blocks of rooms are obviously held for those events.  Having worked for Hyatt I know that at some point those rooms that have not been reserved are released.  One way or another they want to fill them.

I usually book well in advance and often times need to reserve a property away from the action because the prime spots are blocked.  When those rooms are released I think it would be great if I could get notified that they were available instead of having to check multiple times leading up to the event and maybe stumbling on an available room.

Send me an email and give me say 24 hours to decide if I wanted a room at the rate they are asking.  First come, first served.  It would not be fair to ask for a long hold on a room that I may not take.

It seems like a simple enough benefit to implement.  Any one else like to see this?

Thanks,

Dave

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wait Listing Rooms
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Good idea. I've done this in the past by calling the hotel directly and speaking with the manager. Usually I'll say something like "I have a room booked at xxxx but I'd really like to stay at your property. Can you call me if you have any openings?" It's worked more often than not.

An automated option would be ideal, though.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wait Listing Rooms
    mraddicted Platinum

Excellent idea!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...