6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2011 8:38 PM by curiousone RSS

Marriott website

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Tell me if the following problem with the Marriott website drives you crazy as much as it does me.

Sometimes when I click on a link from an email that I get from Marriott or click on a link from a non-Marriott site that is supposed to direct me to Marriott, I often get a page stating that my previous session has timed out. Nothing wrong with that, but when I do enter my password, it instantly takes me to the default Marriott reservation page. It doesn't continue on to the page that I was originally supposed to be taken to.

This has bothered me so much in the past that I sent a message to the Marriott web administrator to report the problem. I actually got a response stating that they will address the issue.

That was nearly two years ago.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Marriott website
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It bothers me no end as well.  And when reading on Insiders you cabn stay for an extended period of time without reloading the password.  The Marriott site is cumbersome for this reason -- I have also mentioned this via email to them at IT, several times.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree, Mikieg.  Almost every other website except financial ones that I don't actually log out of stay on my screen without constantly asking for my Rewards number and password.  It seems to me considering the problems with keystroke hacking that there is more danger of compromising one's account through constantly logging in than staying logged in.

ProfChiara

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Another issue I have is that when I check "remember me" it does no such thing.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I find this very annoying as well. Sometimes I'm not even trying to get into a profile-related area and it prompts me to log in.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Looks like I touched a nerve.

How do we get Marriott's attention on this?

curiousone Platinum

While we are discussing the web site, how about that cheesy "Leaving so soon" when you log out?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...