2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2011 11:53 AM by versel RSS

Renaissance Chicago Hotel  on Wacher

jeanbol Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed for 4 nights and would not do it again--as a Platinum member I have certain expectations upon arrival and throughout my stay.   I learned the hard way that this hotel is in need of a general overhaul from the front desk-----for one my request were never done in a timely manner which was nerve racking b/c I was traveling with my 9 yr old grandson---then I learn that loung is closed on weekends and hotel did not offer a comp breakfast in the restaurant--was shocked  at this and explanationfrom the front desk was soo lame that it was sad--manager  offered me 10,000 pts for my problems but in reality had I stayed at the Sheraton it would have been a better choice for me.   10,000PTS just didn't cut it with me since I have 1.2m and have started using Sheraton and love the service and the variety of the hotels offered.   Rethinking any future stays at Marriotts b/c of my experience in Chicago

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Re: Renaissance Chicago Hotel  on Wacher
    retired Platinum

I'm thinking with 1.2m in Marriott rewards points that Marriott must have been doing something right along the way! Sorry you didn't get fed, I can say when I stayed at this porperty we enjoyed it. Hope you have a better experiance with your next stay with Marriott or Sheraton.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Chicago Hotel  on Wacher
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Sorry to hear about your experience. There have been quite a few posts here recently about the lack of weekend service for elites. Hopefully someone at Marriott takes notice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...