5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 1:52 PM by jmat6687 RSS

Mystery Channels

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Why can't I ever get an accurate TV channel listing card?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Mystery Channels
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

or an on-screen channel guide???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

No excuses but several hotels I been to lately are installing HD (Invented long ago just coming to the place  in 2011), or changing from Lodgenet, or have some weird, no local channel, satellite service, or are cable subscribers.

What is even weirder is that the fittess center's TVs are completely on their own--channels that are not found in the hotel are there, and ones that are in the rooms are missing or so fuzzy you want to get your rabbit ears out and add some Reynolds Wrap to them.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

SS

you nailed this one!  It drives me crazy to find channels in the fitness center only to find them not available in the sleeping rooms.  also, the fuzzy screens on certain channels is mind-numbing....  what's worse, is when you get over-joyed to see a brand new hd television in the room, only to realize the hotel has not payed for hd services....

talk about frustrating!

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Totally with you on this one, Shoeman. It can be extremely frustrating.

As with Concierge/Executive Lounges, the variation in the range and quality of inroom TV channels from continent to continent is symptomatic in part, I imagine, of the latitude given to individual hotels in determining what facilities and services they will offer.

Thank you

jmat6687 Gold

A pet peeve of mine, too. Too many hotels go for the cheapest satellite package. I've stayed in Marriott properties that only had about 20 channels. In 2011, thats unacceptable. And then the no local channels thing. The Courtyard in Niagara Falls doesn't get a Fox station, and 1 of the 3 network channels is not from nearby Buffalo, but BOSTON. Sure I would love HD on the nice new flat screen TV's, but first give me a decent selection of channels to watch

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...