2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2011 10:27 AM by anadyr RSS

Great Customer Service from Marriott Business Sales staff

steelersfan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been booking Marriott hotels for government classroom training for almost 5 years now.  It started out as a couple classes every couple months and because I enjoyed staying at Marriotts I decided to book the conference spaces for work at Marriott's.   I would do all of the planning, logistics and contracts myself for each Marriott hotel that I needed conference space at.   As my program grew I started to find myself spending entire days handling paperwork, logistiscs, phone calls with each location about setup, catering and so on...

For about 2 years now I have worked with Rajni S. as my buisness sales staff person.   Not only has it been a pleasure to work with Rajni but her coworker Becca N. is a great help as well when Rajni is out on vacation or while she was on pregnancy leave.   My program has now grown to booking 2 Marriott hotel conference spaces a week around the world and I couldn't manage the logistics, paperwork, billing and scheduling without the help of both Rajni and Becca.

Often times people in a sales job are only singled out when they aren't meeting a standard so I just wanted to say a thank you and brag a little at the great job Rajni and Becca do at supporting my business needs.

I don't want to post their email addresses but if you need sales help with booking locations at marriott hotels message me through Insiders and I would be glad to put you in touch with these two people.

• Re: Great Customer Service from Marriott Business Sales staff
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

SteelersFan,

It is technically against the terms of use for Insiders to post names of Marriott employees (or other Insiders for that matter). It may seem kind of silly when it's clearly to praise someone as in your post, but I guess it's easier to make a blanket rule like that rather than try to determine on a post-by-post basis.

The moderators have said in the past that it's acceptable to post first name/last initial but not whole name.

The full rules can be found here:

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/help.jspa?mode=standards

But it is great to hear that you've received such outstanding service!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Great Customer Service from Marriott Business Sales staff
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Having hosted large meetings (500 plus) at Marriotts I can attest to the value of great associates who go above and beyond.

You might consider nominating them for a "Spirit to Serve" award, essentially a letter or not quite as good an email to Marriott Corporate HQ with that as the tag line.  Be specific, give dates, what the associate did, how you were helped, why these folks made life easier for you, etc.  In some cases this results in special recognition for the associate and even a monetary award.

IM me if you want additional details on how to do this and what a letter might contain.

Thanks for that post too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...