0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 4:01 PM by versel RSS

Restaurant and Bar Showcase

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott has posted a Restaurant and Bar Showcase on their website. I think it's been there for a while as I seem to remember seeing it briefly before, but I decided to take a closer look today.

I do really enjoy a high quality in-house restaurant but find it equally frustrating to experience a sub par meal which invariably ends up being overpriced.

I ended up experiencing both the high and the low on a recent trip to France. My wife and I had one of the best meals we've had in years at Pinxo (coincidentally one in the showcase linked above) at the Renaissance Paris Vendome. It was very unique in presentation and delicious as well. Accompanied with good wine and impeccable service, it made for a very memorable evening. On the opposite end of the spectrum and memorable for an entirely different reason was the restaurant at the CDG Airport Marriott. Service was slow to non-existent and my steak which was ordered medium-rare was eventually delivered dry and grey. Not a good way to end an otherwise lovely trip.

Have any other Insiders tried any of the restaurants in the showcase? And what were your thoughts? I may try Mercat a la Planxa when I'm in Chicago in a few weeks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...