3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 8:51 PM by NathalieF RSS

Bethesda Marriott Suites - No In-Room Wireless?!?!?!?!

wvwalt Member
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed at the Bethesda Marriott Suites in June 2011, using a rate that included "free wireless Internet". We arrived at the hotel to discover that there is NO in-room wireless Internet, and that the ONLY wireless Internet was in the lobby.

I'm very frustrated at the state of Marriott hotels in terms of their overall lack of free and available wireless Internet. The hotel did tell me that I could use the in-room WIRED Internet for no charge, but since we had our iPhones and iPads, WIRED Internet does us no good whatsoever.

Wake up and smell the 21st century, Marriott. Tablets and smart phones are the norm, not the exception. People want wireless Internet available everywhere.

Honestly, had I known there was no in-room wireless, we would have stayed somewhere else.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bethesda, Maryland, USA
  • Re: Bethesda Marriott Suites - No In-Room Wireless?!?!?!?!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have stayed there at that location and (in the days before free internet for Platinum and Gold members) went to the Lobby and used it there, though it was very slow.  This is somehting that you should write to Marriott Customer Care about as well as calling the hotel for a review of their policies and perhaps a refund.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I prefer wired internet, but I can see how that would be really annoying if you had wireless only devices. Seems like it's about time for a Marriott standard (at least for hotel brand). For instance, it would be helpful to know that all Springhills have wireless, or all JWs have wired, etc.

Not that you should have to do this, but when I travel with the family, I usually bring an Apple Airport Express. It's small and lets you expand a single wired connection to your own little wireless network.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

wvwalt, I understand the property has already begun installing the infrastructure for wireless internet service, but I wanted to check to make sure that you've heard from our Customer Care team or property management regarding your recent stay.
    Regards, Andy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...