1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 8:44 AM by pingreeman RSS

Courtyard Kauai

jlajhb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

On June 2nd after flying 12 hours from Ohio I arrived in
Kauai to stay one night because we had to wait until Friday to check into the Marriott timeshare in Kauai. With my reservation in hand printed from the web site with my confirmation number on it. Two rooms, two beds each, one night. Pretty simple right? Wrong! After about 15 minutes the front desk person hands me a paper to sign that had my sons reservation made for June 10, one night with a king bed on it. I told her this was the wrong reservation. She says I have no reservation here!

I asked her to procure a manager and only after I got angry did she comply. The manager arrives they call Marriott who says they too have my reservation on file. The manager says I can give you two kings, no doubles available because those rooms are for guests who pay extra for these rooms. When I told the manager that she should check my status as Platinum Priemer, and as I have a valid reservation she had better find me some rooms. Finally after a total of 65 minutes the rooms were finally given.

End of story, no...even though at least 5 times I gave the manager and the front desk lady my Marriott Rewards number no points have been given. In fact when I contacted Marriott Rewards they can't even begin to figure out because of all the multiple entries.

So from my seat avoid this location. I will be going to the Marriott Beach Club. It will be worth the extra $$

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard Kauai
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Unbelievably poor customer service - especially with reservation in hand. It boggles my mind that desk clerks oftentimes are "not empowered" to immediately fix these issues.

The manager's "helpfulness" is also unbelievable. I doubt she understands the meaning of "guaranteed room type" on the T&Cs for PP status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...