12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 9:55 AM by tef6178 RSS

Prague Marriott Hotel

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is my report on Prague to Jerry and Prof Chira.

The Prague Marriott Hotel is excellent in all respects! We arrived at around 11am from Prague Airport via 111 Taxi service for approximately $39 plus tip (USD) we paid in Czech crowns. It is helpful if you take some Czech currency with you and use bank machines later. The Hotel is very centrally located. Chief Bellman Vaclan was very helpfully. When we arrived in the room there was a nice note from Guest Relations Executive Angela Petrakova with fresh strawberries and a bottle of Znovin De Lux. Concierge Dagmar Sirova and Petra were very helpful and never grew weary of helping us find restaurants and sights to see. We took a “Prague Sightseeing Tours” Cityrama for a 2 + hour English tour with an excellent guide Peter starting at 1 pm www.cityrama.cz Arrived in Old Town Square for the Old Town Square’s Astronomical Clock for the 4pm event on the clock—well worth seeing. Visited the Old Town Tower for a super view of Prague [there are two separate lifts to get to the top]. Excellent dinner at Restaurant Lary Fary Dlovha 30 $$ www.laryfary.cz

Second day. Visited the Jewish Museum in Prague saw the Old Jewish Cemetery and the Maisel, Klausen, Spanish, Pinkas Synagogues as well the Old-New Synagogue. Use the Metro to get to the Jewish Quarter—use the Namesti Republiky Station [yellow line] which is just to the right of the hotel switch to the Metro green line at Mustek station and proceed to the Staromestshe station—the Jewish areas are just across the street. From there we walked to the Charles Bridge and St. Nicholas Church and then walked to the top of the hill for the Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral. You will need at least three hours or more at the Castle we went back later in the week. Had dinner at Cervena Tabulka Restaurant Lodecka www.cervenatabulka.cz Excellent food fine service $$ have the hotel call in a reservation for you.

Next day we visited Karlovy Vary [Karlsbad] about 85 miles west of Prague via Student Agency Express [yellow busses] at Florence bus station a short walk from the Hotel. Karlovy Vary is a beautiful town with mineral springs the water of which is good for digestive disorders and the town is also known for Karlovy Vary china and Moser glass. Came back to Prague for a late dinner at Restaurace U Supa Celetna 22 www.restauracusupa@seznam.cz food was excellent but the waiter we had left something to be desired.

This day we took a river boat ride on the Vltava River. The ride went slowly and was not as exciting as I thought it might be. In the afternoon we went back to the Prague Castle and toured the eleven areas there including St Vitus Cathedral, St George Basilica, Powder tower etc. [By the way if you wish to avoid climbing up the hill, and it is a climb, to the Castle ride the Metro to the Malostranska station then transfer to the Trolley# 22 going up the hill and exit at the second stop—you are at the Castle. Coming back take the #22 going down hill for two stops and you are back to the Metro station [saves a lot of energy]. Dinner at a French restaurant “Francouzska Restaurace” www.francouzskarestaurace.cz $$$$ small servings and poor service. Great live music.

Next day took a day trip to Terezin approx. 40 mile from Prague on a local bus [real local]. Http://jizdenky.ambus.cz We visited the concentration camp the Terezin Jewish Cemetery and the prisoner quarters. We were caught in the crematorium in a hail storm and could not leave it even thought we were the only ones there. Records indicated approx 30,000 Jews were cremated there from 1942 to 1945 [there must be a special place in hell for Hitler]. Returned to Prague for dinner and flew back to Atlanta the next day.

I highly recommend Prague and the Prague Marriott is outstanding in every way!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Prague, Czech Republic
  • Re: Prague Marriott Hotel
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Judge,

Wonderful report and it sounds like a great time!

Would you consider a "River Cruise" to/from Prague?  I am thinking of going from Paris to Prague on the river, have never done a river cruise, but have never heard anything bad about them.

Having visited two concentration camps, Dachau and Auschwitz, My heart goes out to the Jewish and non-Jewish victims. They are absolute reminders that "It could happen again", let's pray it doesn't.

Judge, really enjoyed the update, glad you are back, safely!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Judge, great report!  So glad you enjoyed Prague, it is one of my very favorite places.

Terezin is a very sobering experience but well worth it.

Welcome home!

Hope you will post some pictures.

Jerry:

The type river cruise you are speaking of are wonderful this was just a local cruise and a little disappointing....Bill

New Hilton

Sally made 190 pictures [they are great i was looking at them this afternoon] but I am not savy enough to post any of them...I was born before all these fancy gadgets, may be when my oldest daughter drops by she can post them for me....Bill

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Judge,

Hope we can see some pictures!

Really enjoyed the report.

I have not found any "Boat ride", to really be fun.  They are too long and overrated. To lock yourself in for 8 days may be just to much.

Judge, again, thanks!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Dear Bill,

What a wonderful report!  Prague is definitely on my bucket list and now I can print out your post as a guide.  It sounds wonderful!  Thank you for sharing all your experiences!

ProfChiara

susan713 Gold 1 Reviews

thank you for this information. plans to stay next week for 5 days. will note all of your suggestions.

Susan  RN

Susan:

You will love Prague the people are very nice and it is so rich in history--I look forward to your report. I am going to Venice soon for a few days and will post on the trip there.....Bill

jep2020 Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks Judge

We will be visiting Prague in August along with Budapest and Vienna so will be coming back to your post as time gets closer. We will be staying at the AC which I hope is as nice as your hotel. Your post makes us glad we chose this as our next big adventure.

Thanks for the insight.

jep2020

You will love Prague it is full of history and the people are so nice.  I am going to Venice in June and will post a report upon my return....Bill

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

We too will be traveling to Prague & Budapest in August.   Really excited about the trip & want to thank all the MR Insiders who have posted their experiences.   We have booked into the Marriott Prague & Marriott Budapest and know we won't be disappointed.     Will update the site when we return.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Judge:

Thanks for telling us about the trip! So glad you enjoyed it. Prague is a real favorite with us since our first trip there just after the Velvet Revolution. Sounds like the value for the price is still good!  Hope you can get some pictures posted.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...