5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 11:18 AM by missgee RSS

Seattle Waterfront Marriott - Any Recent Reviews?

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.  Heading to this hotel next month and am wondering if there are any recent reviews or tips?

Thanks very much for your comments.

• Re: Seattle Waterfront Marriott - Any Recent Reviews?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

MissGee,

You will enjoy the Marriott Waterfront in Seattle!

Walking from there to Pike Place Market and downtown is a joy.

Wonderful CL, and close to wonderful waterfront dining.  Cruise ships are close as well.

You will see pictures and other information on my previous reports on this hotel.

Have fun!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

year2member Gold

I haven't stayed there but I do live in Seattle.  Great location, close enough to walk to downtown but down at the waterfront with great views.  If you are the walking type you can walk to the stadiums so if the Sounders or Mariners are in town you have that option.  Seattle Center and the Space Needle are a bit of a hike but doable, too.  And the Pike Place Market is close by as well as all the waterfront attractions, too.  You should enjoy it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

We had a fantastic time there one year ago.  We were only gold at the time, but they treated us like Platinum.  Enjoy!!!

karenw Gold 11 Reviews

My son and daughter in law live in Tacoma, I gave them a free night at this hotel.  They loved it, top of the line for service and they were given a free upgrade to a better room view.  They also had dinner at the fine dinning restaurant and loved that also.  Area is wonderful for walking around and don't miss Pike's Market.  Have a great time.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Thank you so much for all your replies!  We did have a wonderful time there.  Here are my observations for anyone who is considering this location:

• The hotel is clean and very well kept. 
    • For the price, I would have certainly expected a bit more from my room though.  (Waterfront with balcony.)  The bathroom sink had a huge crack in it!
    • The staff were attentive and pleasant.  The housekeeping staff were amazing.
    • The hop-on hop-off bus stops right across the street.  I jumped on to acquaint myself with the area.  It was well worth it as I could now reference the city map and know what was what.  After that, I walked everywhere.  Even to Pioneer Square and back along the waterfront.  The fresh squeezed lemonade from a kiosk at the waterfront helped tremendously.  lol
    • Pike Place Market was so easy to get to.  On the south side of the hotel (outside) was an elevator.  Take that up to the next level and you're pretty much there, give or take a few steps.

Dining in the area:

• Just by the green space at the Pike Place Market is a restaurant called Cutters.  I can't recommend their food enough.  The best deals to be had is during happy hour but we went back and paid full price because we enjoyed it so much.  Service is a little slow, but they were pleasant.
    • Crabpot:  Overrated and way overpriced.  The best thing that I have to say about this restaurant was that it was fun to have your meal dumped out in front of you onto the butcher paper.
    • Ivar's:  Hands down the most disappointing meal we ate there.  I have no idea what the buzz is about because the food and service was terrible.
    • Cafe Campagne in Post Alley at the market was amazing for breakfast.  Would loved to have tried lunch and dinner but discovered it too late.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...