2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 1:04 PM by kimkdallas RSS

Disappointment with Spa Rewards Issuing Procedures

origamisensei Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had a bit of a disappointing experience today. I am taking my wife this weekend to stay at a Renaissance location with a spa, and was hoping to use points to get her a spa gift certificate.  Because of the late date I was hoping that I could simply call Marriott Rewards and have them electronically deliver the certificate to the hotel. Unfortunately, it appears that these rewards are presented as a physical gift certificate only and there's no way a physical certificate can be delivered in time. So, it's well over $200 bucks out of pocket, which is a bit of an ouch.

Hopefully Marriott can come up with some procedure that will allow members to issue these certificates via phone or electronically and communicate the credits to the hotel without having to send a physical certificate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointment with Spa Rewards Issuing Procedures
    kahunapremier Platinum

Agree, this should be transparent as possible if you belong to the MR program. If you use the spa, but not a member of MR, then there has to be another solution: bring in the printed certificate.

There Marriott, there is your solution.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointment with Spa Rewards Issuing Procedures
    kimkdallas Platinum

One of the things I do to avoid this situation --- I order the $1000 in Marriott gift certs from rewards (they cost alot less points if you do them in a 1K Block).   They come as a set of 20 $50 certificates, so I always have them on hand for incidentals, spa, or those nights I'm traveling on personal and it doesn't make sense to use points.   In many cases, the points it takes to get these certs is less than the points for a Category X hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...