8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2011 2:43 PM by heartnyc RSS

Fee or no fee for Marriott Rewards Premier Card

jwu09merage Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I got a promotional mail from Marriott for MR Premier Card for a annual fee of $65 for 50,000 points after first card usage.  In doing some on-line research, I also see offers of waving the 1st year annual fee of $65 for the MR Premier Card but receiving only 30,000 points.

Why is it so confussing and which one should I go for.

Thank you in advance,

jwu09merage

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fee or no fee for Marriott Rewards Premier Card
    retired Platinum

The 20,000 extra points are worth the $65 credit card fee for the first year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jwu09merage Silver

Thank you.  Can you explain to me how is 20,000 extra point worth $65.00 .....  I am a total newbie at this.

taxman415 Platinum

If you had to purchase the points you would pay $12.50 per 1,000 or $250.00 (12.50 x 20)... Sounds like a great deal to me...

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Or realize that those 20,000 points are the amount needed for one night at a category 4 hotel (or two nights at a category 2 property).

Even if you get a great discounted rate at a category 4 property you'll be probably be spending $100 plus taxes for the night versus the $65 annual fee.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Agreed with everything that's been said.  Those 20,000 points are what you'd get when you spend $200 at a JW, Marriott, Courtyard or Fairfield, so you've more than paid for the card almost immediately.  Plus you get 5 points (not 3 as in the no-premier card) for every dollar spent at a Marriott in addition to your Marriott points plus 2 for airfare plus special sometimes bonuses (like a recent 2 for every dollar spent at grocery stores and pharmacies).

I have never regretted than $65 fee for one moment!

ProfChiara

curiousone Platinum

Also, at each Premier card renewal you should receive 1 free night in a catagory 1-5 Marriott hotel. This is more than worth the $65 annual fee.

jwu09merage Silver

Thank you all for your feedback.  I did applied for the card 2 days ago.

heartnyc Platinum

Because a room in a hotel(Category 4 ) costs about 140.00..or 20,000 points

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...