0 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 10:59 AM by anadyr RSS

Service and Sacrifice

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For two years it was my honor and privilege to serve with Rich Higgins not in the rice paddies of Southeast Asia but in the halls of the Pentagon. Rich was a man of high integrity and unfliniching dedication to the United States.

He was a Marine's Marine. Rich Higgins was also a man of peace, and it was on a UN peacekeeping assignment where his life ended much too soon.

Today I remember Rich, along with hundreds of thousands of others whose call to duty took them many dangerous locations around the globe.

Rich Higgins, COL, USMC I salute you this Memorial Day and every day.  Semper Fi!

"As we honor their memory today, let us pledge that their lives, their sacrifices, their valor shall be justified and remembered for as long as God gives life to this nation. And let us also pledge to do our utmost to carry out what must have been their wish: that no other generation of young men will every have to share their experiences and repeat their sacrifice"

Ronald Reagan, Memorial Day, 1982

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...