8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2011 7:42 PM by anadyr RSS

Warnings

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I noticed a warning in RED when I canceled a reservation that "A Cancellation Fee May Apply" when it did not apply.   Anyone else see that notification on a reservation cancellation?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Warnings
    cherlang Silver 8 Reviews

I have never seen such a warning.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

Yes, I have.

I believe you get that when, as a condition of the reservation, you have cancelled past the allowable time.

It happened to me once, but I wasn't charged.  I don't know why I wasn't charged, it might have been since there was a hurricane, or because I was a loyal customer, or because I stayed in another marriott hotel in another city that night, or maybe they were able to sell the room.

In any case, they would have been probably entitled to charge me for the cancellation had they wanted to.  I'm glad they did not.

I was not beyond the limit for cancellation BTW.

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

I was beyond the limit for cancellation...

debmole Platinum

Yes, I have gotten that warning on several occasions when I was not passed the time to cancel.  I cancel my cancel and call the hotel directly to cancel.

Lately, I have also made reservations and it has a cancelation warning that I will be charged, but does not give the time the room has to be cancelled by.  That is really annoying and I am just not making reservations at the hotels that won't tell me when I need to cancel by.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I had that message show up last night (Wednesday) when I attempted to cancel a reservation in New Orleans (3 day cancellation policy) for Saturday night.  I called the platinum reservation line and was told that I had until midnight last night to cancel.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

See..Maybe getting GURU was not the best thing to happen?

I have had no warning sign recently, so it seems to be gone along with my lower status!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...