4 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2011 7:46 AM by profchiara RSS

Edition Addition?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott's CEO announced plans to develop three more Edition Hotels  furhtering the trend toward botique hotels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Edition Addition?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

These properties are not my cup of tea.  I have tried 2 Autograph Collection properties and have found them not to my liking.  I guess I am too conservative (read old-fashioned). The whole "boutique Hotel" concept is not that appealing to me.  what do others think?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear Shoeman, yes I find myself wanting the full service, larger hotel feel.  In olden days during my constant European travel days, I found myself in"quaint" lodgings (read: poorly ventilated, cramped, bath down the hall) during my travels.  As a younger traveler that was OK but now with age I am into pampering, and hope that there is a place where boutique and full service can be melded together.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

agreed.  gotta stay relevant to the times, but stay true to who we are....

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree in general, but since I often travel to smaller cities in Europe where there are no Marriotts and many of the chain hotels are European minimalist, I have stayed at boutique hotels. My favorite was in Cordoba (The Hospes Palacio del Bailio).  It was everything and more than I could have asked for (great room, beautiful surroundings, built in a historic palace that has been completely modernized, free internet, large rooms, great staff etc).  It was part of a small Palacio chain in Spain.  By contrast I have stayed at boutique hotels in Avignon, France and Lucca, Italy that are okay but not what I would prefer.  Just no choice...

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...