4 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2011 9:24 AM by anadyr RSS

Broken Glass

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

At a recent stay I noticed that the glass (break glass in an emergency) covering the fire extinguisher, and located opposite our room, was broken apparently by a wayward luggage cart or worse. someone not reading that sign but wanting to test their skills.

I called AYS to tell them, but no one appeared. I happened upon two members of the engineering staff and told them, even taking them to the place in question.  No one appeared to remedy the glass issue and I myself commandeered a broom to sweep the loose glass up from the hallway.

When I checked out I mentioned this to the associate and was told that it would be noted.  I also got a survey in an email and related the same information.

So, when is an issue unresolved a major one, and when does a guest concern become a hotel concern?

• Re: Broken Glass
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I bet a courteous offer (you know, since they were obviously too busy) to call OSHA for them and report the hazardous work condition would have garnered some sort of response.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CAl-OHSA in this case, but the issue was never resolved (I will check next week when I return and post what I find).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Quite surprising that they wouldn't even have swept up the glass after your reporting it. Would have been a big issue if a little one had come by barefoot and stepped on it.

Was this one of the timeshare properties or a hotel?

TEF:

MVCI at Shadow Ridge (Villages)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...