2 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2011 1:10 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Disappointed and Taken Advantage of

disappointed25 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I will book with ICHOTELS.COM in the future.   I have never had trouble or been taken advantage of like I was with my upcoming reservation with Marriot that I have had for 6 months.  My brother passed away within the last month and my daughter has been very ill.   A week long vacation was reduced to a 3 day quick get away and still may be iffy.   Even though I could cancel my reservation totally with no charge until the day of arrival.   I could not change from 6 days to 3 days without the price doubling for one night and paying for the 4th night even though we won't be there!    I need and want flexibility when I book hotels, at least I know NOT who to use in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
  • Re: Disappointed and Taken Advantage of
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

That is unfortunate. They always put that line in the confirmation about how changing the length of your stay could affect your room rate, but it seems like they should work with you...especially in the case of a bereavement. My condolences for your loss and I hope you find better hospitality in the future no matter where you choose to stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed and Taken Advantage of
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Dissapointed25

I do not have any answer for your problem, but just wanted to jump in and offer my condolences.  Losing loved ones is so very sad.....  best wishes to you and your family.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...