2 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2011 1:14 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

True Valet Service

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Too often, what is called valet parking is simply an attempt to make some extra money and nothing else. I realize the primary purpose is convenience, not luxury. However, there have been times in the past where I've had to wait 20 minutes or more for this so-called convenience.

On that note, I feel I need to offer a heartfelt congratulations to the staff at the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids, MI. Most importantly, they were prompt in bringing the car around. What made me pleasantly surprised was the extra effort. There have been many posts here about the little things and here's one more. The employees were helpful (directions) and friendly (kept my wife company as I was inside). Plus, when I got into the car, there were two cold bottles of water in the cupholders. Nothing major, but enough to make us feel like we were truly important to them. I guess this is the "sprit to serve" that I've been hearing about. Kudos.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Grand Rapids
  • Re: True Valet Service
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I would also like to give some to kudos to the valet personnel at the Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills.  I know Courtyards often get a bad rap here on Insiders, but I have to say that I was extremely pleased with the service here.  Fast, friendly and efficient.  Nice hotel too.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: True Valet Service
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

While we are giving shout outs to valet personnel, please add the valet folks at the Stamford, Ct.  Marriott.  These guys are the best and they are the first contact many of us have as we enter a property.  These guys always address me by my name  and greet me with a smile.  Ok, the tips help, but nonetheless, I appreciate the acknowledgement.  Good Job!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...