8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2011 9:01 PM by tracyeg RSS

Membership Levels Reset but still at gold level?

tracyeg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Two years ago, I achieved gold status level and didn't expect to keep it after the first year since I don't spend many nights at hotels.  At the start of 2010 they grandfathers prior levels over and I remained at Gold level.

This year, with the reset I was expecting to drop down to silver or standard level but the website keeps identifying me as gold.

Where am I wrong in my understanding of the reset?  Should I have not stepped back a level or two.  I did not have a prior surpluse that would have carried me up to the Gold level.  I like being at Gold - and I'd like to understand why I am still there.

Ed

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Membership Levels Reset but still at gold level?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

tracyeg

I would have no idea, but I would suggest you not look a gift-horse in the eye.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

I agree with Shoe... Enjoy the Gold...

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Assume that they are being nice and keep that Gold Card in your possession.  I have a friend who was made Platinum Lifetime years ago (though he did not meet the then more stringent quals) but he enjoys being kep at that lofty perch nonetheless.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

possibly a lifetime gold or maybe roll over nights but either way enjoy the status

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Likewise, tracyeg!  I have had something similar happen in the past, which I assumed was because even though I didn't have the number of nights, I did pay a huge amount of money for stays because of where they were.

Enjoy!

tracyeg Gold

Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate the gift-horse and if this is a lifetime gold - well, thank you Marriott.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

tracyeg,

When it comes to renewing Elite levels and possibly moving a member down a level, Marriott Rewards often looks at other loyalty criteria such as activity over the past three years, etc.  If you expected to be moved to Silver level and were not, it is very likely that you met this other criteria.  Hopefully you will continue to enjoy your Gold status, and continue to stay with us because of it!

tracyeg Gold

Thank you.  We're big Marriott fans and love staying at  locations wherever we travel.  The recent enhancements to the credit card terms with international charges going away was  a welcomed and wonderful surprise.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...