18 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2011 2:28 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

FOX News!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Could you please get FOX news in your hotels internationally?

I am spending a week at the Zurich Marriott and would like to "Really" know what is going on in the US and the world.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Zurich, Switzerland
  • Re: FOX News!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Fox (FNC) has brand consciousness and has vigorously shot down internet streamers of their live feed. At one time you could see them on www.wwitv.com but no longer.  One disadvantage for the network is that FNC does not have an International division like CNN. However the FNC parent also owns SkyNews and if you can get them over there some of the same international stories may be copied.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Stepping,

Thanks for the update!

I just feel I need an alternative to CNN!

I really need to see what is going on in the USA, from a different perspective!

Jerry:

the Fox News website has some information but almost no live feeds--sorry.

Thanks!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

How do you like Zurich?  Are you travelling anywhere else in Switzerland?

Looking forward to a trip report and photos!  I think Switzerland is my vacation destination this year.

Enjoy your trip!

New Hilton,

Thanks for the message!

Am at the Zurich Marriott, nice place, and will have pictures by next week.  One note, I did not remember Switzerland being so expensive.  You had better have access to the CL, or face "Sticker shock".  A $36 hamburger, and that's not room service, or $6.50 for a bottle of water?

Am going to Zermatt today for a day trip and again, will have some photo's and more information on recommendations,  later in week!

Hope your travels are going well, and I hope the weather in the US will give people a break!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Not sure Fox would be my first choice. I'd be happy just receiving the U.S. version of CNN, not CNN International which repeats the headlines every 20 minutes over and over and over.

I find Fox amusing however and hate it that they never correct themselves of errors made over the air (probably against company policy) - something CNN does when required. This was highlighted a year or two ago when Gretchen Carlson said she did her own "extensive crack research" and found that only two Cash For Clunker cars were sold in the entire state Minnesota. Had her crack research been properly conducted she would have found that 2% of all cars sold were a result of the Cash For Clunkers program - not two cars. No apology or correction was ever made.

So it's too late to sell my Yugo back for a new one?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

SteppingStones -- Actually it's never too late to sell anything, but you might be too late to get the government to bail you out.  Just like it's never too late for MikiegFLA to quit watching a channel he doesn't like or disagrees with.  Isn't this a great country?

It's a great country!

The more I travel, the more I realize it.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

None better!  The USA and FOX are a great team!!!

Shoeman,

Thanks for your wonderful comment!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I have found using a sling box or even easier, something like Orb to work well for international viewing of US based programs.  Pretty simple to get going and works well :)

Have fun over there, its a great city and TONS of things to do within a day drive

I agree Zukracer, last time I checked no one was forced to watch any cable news hannels or even turn the TV on in their room.  But then I digress-- can I reallty sell my Yugo?  It's a low-rider (not custom--springs are shot!)

Let's have an online auction on the Yugo.  I would like to open the bidding at $1.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Only a dollar!  The worn out springs are worth at least half that much. I'll go $1.50!

What's a Yugo?

based on jerry comment, I would like to lower my bid to 50 cents.......

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...