6 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2011 5:23 PM by anadyr RSS

Subtraction

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recent posts about less than stellar breakfasts got me to thinking that the entire hotel meal business model is upside-down.  Why suffer an early morning meal that is unsatisfying when you can dine elsewhere or, like most of us, grab a coffee and handheld something and bolt off to work?

To make this work why not have those Marriott brands that do not comp breakfast for the top two elite levels offer a "No meal for me" option that would subtract an amount for the bill when that person chooses not to dine at breakfast in the hotel?

In the case of Courtyard hotels the bill could be reduced by 10 dollars a night if the guest wants to forgo the meal at the Bistro.  Otherwise the meal would be "baked" into the room tariff.

Make sense?

• Re: Subtraction
    Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Love the idea!  Or let us take it as extra bonus points... modeled after the hotels that let you opt out of daily housekeeping.  You can get a restaurant credit or redeem for 500 bonus points in that program.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sirray Platinum

That's a great idea! I certainly don't clean my bedroom every day. And when I stay in a hotel, I usually tell them that my room only needs to be cleaned every weekend. I do that for the environment. Since that saved the hotel expenses on labor and consumables, I think they ought to offer a discount on it. Let's call it the "low maintenance custmomer discount." :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Agreed.  let's none of us forget that maid service has been built into the price we pay and anything less that daily service should generate a discount.  Otherwise, we have just been taken advantage of.....

We need more affirmation on this--how about a flash mob so that we can show our need for opt out breakfast?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

honestly, me in a flash mob may be a bad thing........

Me too--last time I was in a Flash Mob I had an M-16 and Green Fatigues and was sloggy through "wait a minute" vines.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...