6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 9:05 PM by eb5147 RSS

Missing 50% Platinum points and gift

davandra Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the Downtown Marriott Courtyard. I noticed that I did not get the usual Marriott folio when leaving and there was no 50% bonus.

Any idea on how to claim that ?

I also was not offered a complimentary gift.

My final question is whether Breakfast is free at Courtyards in the US ?

• Re: Missing 50% Platinum points and gift
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Call Marriott about the lack of a bonus and they should be able to fix that.  Tell them at the same time that you were not offered an arrival gift -- there is compensation that is due if you're not offered it.  Finally, alas, one of my pet peeves -- Courtyard's do not include breakfast for any level of status (that I know of).

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Yeah, no free breakfast at Courtyards.  And one of the staples of Courtyards was free coffee in the lobby 7/24.  However, with the new cafe style lobbies, they are taking the coffee away early in the morning and forcing you to buy the Starbucks they serve.  Not a big fan - not that the Barista Bold was any great shakes, I just liked being about to grab a free cup of coffee through the day without having to drop $1.50 each time.  If I am having to pay for coffee each time, I would rather leave the hotel and get a real starbucks or paneras cup.  So, they might defeat the purpose of their new lobbies which I assume is to keep people there, eating and drinking.  If folks start wandering off to get their coffee, breakfast will follow.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

By all means call Marriott and have that checkout folio in your hand--they may want it faxed though they usually can check while you wait to ensure that you're in the system and make the adjustment.  Platinum members normally get this service in my experience.

As for breakfast I have never been a fan of Courtyard fare.  Most times in the former incarnation it was a warmed over buffet, full of things that most of us should not be eating, very salty and overpriced.  I have seen but not tried the new Bistro but am not sure I would not do better at a local eatery.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Breakfast is not included at Courtyards unless you have purchased a breakfast-included room rate which is offered at some Courtyards.

As to the Bistro, it is all a la carte and does have many more healty choices that the old Courtyard buffets.  I find the selections tasty although limited but with a selection of healthy choices (fresh fruit, cooked oatmeal, etc.).  You can also custom-order traditional hot breakfast dishes - such as bacon and eggs - that will be freshly prepared and not warmed-over.  Evening choices are also good and freshly-prepared but menu seletions are also limited.

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

I have to say Courtyard is at the bottom of my brand choice, along with Town Place.  For me, it comes down to service and amenities.  The internet service at almost every courtyard I've stayed at is absolutely terrible, the coffee disappears from the lobby, and the room setup puts the desk directly in front of the ac/heater unit so you freeze or fry as you try to work, because many of the locations are still wired internet.

Basically, I need consistency.  I know when I go to a full service I'll have the CL and good internet; when I stay at RI there is the manager's reception and breakfast and even Fairfield has oatmeal, 24 hour coffee and wireless and fast internet.  Courtyard does not meet these criteria and I think they missed a boat when they redesigned it.  Town Place is nice and new but my experiences have varied widely from location to location and I guess I'm getting too darn old for that .

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

If anyone is staying in Homestead, FL; I would recommend the new 5 story CY there.  And, I was pleasantly surprised with 2500 bonus points.  I reviewed the hotel under CY, but the A/C / Heater stayed constant through the night with a wall thermostat.

2,500 Bonus Points this Fall / Winter near Miami, FL

Soak up the autumn sun at the new Courtyard Miami Homestead and be rewarded.

Ck. out all the deals in FL and the Caribbean, inc. 35% MVC.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...