2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 10:50 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Philadelphia Courtyard Downtown

rickjames Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a big fan of Marriott but the Courtyard in downtown Philadelphia does a horrible job representing the values that made Marriott successful.  Lost reservation, lies, attitude, no help at all are ways to describe my experience.  Find a Hilton in downtown Philly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
  • Re: Philadelphia Courtyard Downtown
    smurry Platinum

I'm a multi-year Platinum member of Marriott's rewards program.  I've stayed in many, many Courtyards over the years (as well as other Marriott properties).  I have to say that I agree completely about the Courtyard downtown Philadelphia.

Their parking situation is horrible, confusing, and expensive ($38 per day for valet, with no other option).  This is advertised on their web site, so I was expecting it (although not at all happy).  However, the sign in front of the hotel points to the valet parking (advertised on the sign at $18), but the sign is located at the entrance to a blind alley (no outlet) that runs along the side of the hotel.  Upon finally finding the valet, he told me that there was indeed self parking and directed me to a parking garage around the corner.  It turns out this is not owned by Marriott, is not connected to the hotel, and charges $35 a day anyway.  The valet was totally misleading, and required another round trip around the block to get back to the valet (which was by then totally full and required a wait...all this so that I can pay $38 a day for the privilege of parking).  To top it all off, they advised me to be sure to call 30 minutes before I need my car so that they can have it back.  For $38 I expect them to have enough people to retrieve my car when needed.

Front desk staff couldn't care less.  Very surly.  Manager was nice, but damage was done.

All in all, I would definitely NOT recommend staying at this Courtyard.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Philadelphia Courtyard Downtown
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

smurry,

Thanks for your message, will avoid this place.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...