2 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2011 10:28 AM by tef6178 RSS

Fundamental lack of Training- A growing trend

columbussig Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Insiders

Read my note below to customer care, then the response from the Hotel's GM.

I went to check into this hotel yesterday May 9, at 5:00 p.m., I was informed that my reservation had been cancelled and was suppose to be there on 5/8/11.  After showing the confirmation number to the Front Desk Supervisor she apologize and said I called on May 8th at 5:40 a.m. and cancelled the room.  I assured her I didn't call at that time and my reservation even stated checking in on May 9th.  The Hotel was full and should could not accomadate me.

She then called the individual who was working at that time.  He stated a group of kids came in and asked for the room under my name, he told them it wasn't ready yet so they cancelled the reservation.

I am not sure how a group of kids used my name and had my id or platinum card to cancel my entire reservation a day before I was suppose to arrive for my stay.

After going through this I asked the Front Desk supervisor to book me at the Knoxville Downtown Marriott, which she did but it is 30 minutes out of my way.

I was not offered compensation or anything above a sorry and goodbye.  The Knoxville Marriott did honor my rate and I appreciate that.

I just don't understand how a group of kids can cancel a reservation that is a day away from checking in and a platinum members reservation on top of that.  Don't you need some sort of ID to check in?  My question is how they picked my name or did they somehow see names of guests behind the counter? 

It is very disheartening.

GM's response to me

This communication concerns the recent incident at the Courtyard by Marriott in Alcoa Tennessee. First, allow me to apologize for the mix up with your reservation. I have reviewed the events of this evening with our desk supervisor and the guest service representative and the mistake that was made when the ids were not checked when the cancellation was requested. I too was very disheartened when we fail to follow proper procedure.

Again, I apologize for our shortcoming  and the inconvenience caused.

This was it, it is amazing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Alcoa, USA
  • Re: Fundamental lack of Training- A growing trend
    fhllast4ever Platinum

If you didn't cancel, and the hotel was full, should you not get a monetary compensation in addition to the alternative placement in the out of the way hotel?  I think they owe you since the GM agreed the staff did not follow

proper procedure.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fundamental lack of Training- A growing trend
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The Platinum Ultimate Guarantee states that if the (Courtyard) hotel is unable to honor the reservation, it will pay for comparable accomodations nearby for the Elite member that night, and compensate the member for the inconvenience.

Compensation for a Courtyard is specified as alternative accomodations, plus $100 USD. In addition, Platinum Elite members also receive 2 free room certificates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...