19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 9:20 PM by mi97tbird RSS

JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

i am booking a 5 night stay there this coming spring. Looking for some insider info on this resort. Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
HI, USA
  • Re: JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa
    traveler2 Platinum

You'll love it!! Enough said!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jacnac Silver 2 Reviews

THANKS

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You can probably do a search on the Insiders site and find past discussion and comments, but I totally agree with Traveler2.  Enjoy!

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Hello!

While we've never stayed at the JW (someday), my husband and I have been to Oahu.  If you've never been, be advised that things are a bit more expensive than at home.  But the island itself is fabulous.  make sure you visit  Pearl harbor early...the lines get long later in the day. Polynesian Cultural center is awesome..so is the luau afterwards.  Dole Plantation is fun and yummy. 

Good restaurants everywhere...check with the concierge. Plan at least one (or two) "fancy" dinners out.  Expect to spend $$$ but it's the experience that counts.

aloha!

PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

In my opinion, this is one of Marriott's most beautiful properties. The rooms, food, pool, and beach are amazing! I would advise that you rent a car to tour the island.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks to Pointsjunkie for mentioning the Pearl Harbor Memorial.  For those Insiders who are active or retired military, the US Navy personnel on Ford Island offer a special tour of the Memorial.  If you're interested, PM me and I'll send details and contact info.

Thanks for all the info please keep it coming

eddieb Platinum 33 Reviews

There are several places to eat within walking distance, including 3 coves down at the Marriott Vacation Club (including outside, facing the beach). We spent 5 nights there a few months ago and it was perfect! Enjoy

cynpaj Platinum

I stayed at this property 7 years ago and we loved it.  And I totally agree one of the best Marriotts I've stayed at.  We are thinking about going back in January but we heard they built a huge Disney Resort right next door.  Very worried this will have a negative impact on the resort.  Has anyone been recently?

traveler2 Platinum

It is a fabulous property! Love it!! Keep in mind it is no where near Honolulu. You'll have to drive pretty much every where you go. But if you are looking for peace and quiet, spa and relaxing this is the place. If you want to experience Honolulu go spend a couple nights there then move to the Ihilani!! Enjoy!!

neviom Platinum

I have stayed at this hotel and the Marriott Beach Club 2 lagoons over.  This is a very nice hotel with a great staff and a wonderful view.  You are in what the Hawaiians call  the 'country'.  Transportation is available roughly $100 one way from the airport.  They do have a Hertz desk onsite so if you want to do a day trip here and there it is cheaper than the $30 a day parking.   Across the street there is an ABC store to pick up odds and ends.  The new Aulani is opening the end of August 2011 and there might be more traffic in this sleepy part of town.  There is a Roys that is walking/shuttle distance and a Chucks steak house.  They also have an ice cream shop, a pseudo-Mexican place and a Hawaiian BBQ. There is the Fia Fia Luau at the Marriott Beach Club on Tuesdays and then the Paradise Beach Luau next door to the JW.  The pool is very small and is basically a cirlce.  It was not great last year for the kids and is why we stayed at the Marriott down the lagoon, but the beach was great and we loved our stay.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes, you are right. A huge Disney Vacation Club & Hotel is opening right next door & will be part of the same lagoon.

This will definitely change the serenity of this area.

travelgurucj Platinum 1 Reviews

I love this resort.  It has several lagoons where you can spend the day on the beach without millions of others.  If you like Golf, there is a great golfcourse on the property, and several good restaurants.  There is even one of the top 2 luau's on the island there.  If you want to see any of the island, you will need a car.  This location is about 30 minutes from Waikiki and Honolulu.  While I don't recommend you spend a ton of time there (it is a tourist destination), you should at lease experience it...lots of great shops and restaurants.  I would also recommend you take a drive around the island...lots of beautiful places to see where normal people live!

bigdogbill Platinum 7 Reviews

@NUHUSKER: I am not active or retired. I am an Army VET of 8 years. When we go on vacation we take out time to educate our kids on the history of our country and importance of our Military (Flight-93 memorial last week, Arlington Cemetary at the start of the summer).

Any info on the Arizona memorial and Pearl Harbor would be much appreciated because Hawaii is our next family vacation.

Thank you for your service NUHUSKER!

Bill

bigdogbill Platinum 7 Reviews

Great intel all. We are looking at Oahu or Maui for or next trip. This hotel looks like a can't miss.

More info on those luuas would be great. first time there

WEll we loved it so much we are going back and taking the kids this year. March as matter of fact. Might just be a yearly trip. Hotel was outstanding and very friendly staff. Quit compared to the city. Love it......

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Hi mi97tbird,

Please check out my review (with link to photo album).

JW Marriott Ihilani, Ko'olina Resort

Hope you enjoy!  The resort just finished a renovation, so should be even better now! 

LLooking forward to going again. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...