5 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2011 2:05 PM by kahunapremier RSS

Pushing toward a Marriott "wallet"

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I wish, along with more hair and fewer pounds, there was a place, a "wallet" where all my stuff could be stored for making reservations.  At the moment Marriott does a fine job of keeping my stuff in line, but when I need to get a rental car from Hertz or National I need to go to their site to find my deals using my National Emerald Elite or Hertz Number 1 Gold President's Circle log in or balance.  My airline status, frequent flier information, and seat preference is never shown on other sites either.

Since we are in the post-Stanley Kubrick era (after 2001 that is) why not have all this stuff located in one place, a wallet where all our FF, FR (frequent renter) and FS (frequent sleeper) data can be stored and accesable?  Marriott's new relationship with Jet blue adds another level of opportunity for this to happen.

I think Marriott could lead the way in making this happen.  It should be opt-in for those not wanting to be involved.

• Re: Pushing toward a Marriott "wallet"
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I guess I already have this in the sense that the company I work for requires us to use a travel agency for reservations. As far as I can tell, they don't really provide any other service for the surcharge we have to pay for every reservation....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I keep all my membership information on my laptop as I make all my own reservations. I created a Notepad TXT file which I then used Windows to right-click/add to desktop then dragged the new icon to the lower-left tray on the Start bar. So, whenever I need my information quickly, I just click the icon and there it is.

Frankly, I would rather continue managing my travel programs this way than load all this information to a single site where it can be hacked and then I am SOL.

I also use this TXT file to hold my passwords for several sites. With a passwrod required to log on the laptop, the TXT file is protected indirectly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newcx11 Platinum 1 Reviews

I guess you have not seen Award Wallet, but you described it perfectly.

AwardWallet provides a free service that helps you manage your reward balances and travel itineraries. We support 352 loyalty programs – air, hotel, car rental, credit card and others.

Once your memberships are entered you can click on a program to automatically log you in for reservations, return to Award Wallet to view your itineraries, then manage your points and rewards when the trip is done.  I've been using it over a year and would not be able to track all my travel rewards without it.

kahunapremier Platinum

Pageonce.com is another source.

kahunapremier Platinum

A better solutiion (used internally by major corporations) is called a directory enabled applciation leveraging two foundation technologies: Directory services and Identity Management

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...