6 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2011 8:01 AM by profchiara RSS

Naples

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I will be in Italy in July and spending most of my time at the Vatican library.  But I'm thinking of spending a few days south of Rome.  I've been to Pompeii and a quick tour through both Sorrento and Naples.  Would any of you suggest maybe two or three days (via flight) to Sicily -- and any particular part?

Thanks!
ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Italy
  • Re: Naples
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hey Prof

do you need anyone to carry your bags???  I could make myself available for light-duty. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Can you pay for the transportation and hotels :)?  Seriously, I was to Pompeii only thanks to chance, but chance is one of the things I love about travel as well as getting lost and finding amazing things,.

The day I took the bus tour to Pompeii everything was on strike in Italy -- all transport, etc -- except private tours.  So the tour took us to Pompeii in 100 degree weather via Naples (quick drive through - I don't know if they have their trash situation sorted out) and Sorrento (obligatory cameo stop but some nice views).  But even in 100 degree weather Pompeii was spectacular, and great views of Vesuvius in the background that I regularly use in my class Powerpoints.  But I've never been south of there, yet I know there are incredible Greek and Roman sites on Sicily, so I dearly want to go!

Cheers, ProfChiara

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Haven't been to any of these particular sites, but... have you considered  Herculaneum, Oplontis, and Paestum? 

Haven't been to Sicily either.... so no comment there.  Maybe someday! 

Have a great time!  I, too, envy your trips!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi Professor,

Are you in need of a personal assistant?  I retire in 19 school days and after getting my mind, my body, and my house back in shape, I will be looking for a fabulous job.  Safe travels....please keep the stories and pictures coming.

Hi NewHilton,

Herculaneum is a great choice -- I don't know of the other two places. Have you been there?  Thanks for the suggestions!

ProfChiara

Hi all,

Maybe we can get a MR Insiders tour going!

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...