5 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2011 10:43 AM by nuhusker RSS

The Bistro

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I checked into the Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan road today. This is the first one I've stayed at that has the newer Bistro food/beverage area. I haven't tried it yet, but may grab a breakfast sandwich there tomorrow. Anyway, it looks like quite a refreshing change from the Market with their prepackaged and/or frozen (read: unhealthy) food options.

• Re: The Bistro
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The bistro has gotten mixed reviews here and on Flyer Talk so it will be interesting to see how you rate it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Well, I guess I would give it a mixed review as well. I ordered the Healthy Start breakfast sandwich and an Americano coffee.

The sandwich was prepared ahead of time and taken out of a refrigerator. I don't blame them for that as it's something I see as unavoidable in the situation. They're not a real restaurant and have to do that in order to be able to service the number of people they have to in the morning with the limited staff that they have. It did appear to be individually handmade by someone, though (probably last night). The upshot is that in order to get this refrigerated sandwich to temp all the way through, they had to heat it to a blistering level. I couldn't eat it when she first brought it to me. Heating the thing as a whole also had the effect of the muffin part of the sandwich being nice and toasty on the outside, but a tad soggy on the inside part touching the filling. That seems like a lot of complaining for something that I thought actually tasted pretty good.

The coffee was standard Starbucks. Not my favorite in the world, but definitely superior to the normal thermos coffee that you find in the lobby of most places.

Overall, I was pretty happy. It was a lot better quality than driving through someplace and it was quicker than going to a sit-down restaurant. It was a bit pricey, but that's to be expected at a hotel. I guess I'd put it in the same category of an above average airport place. Quick, expensive, and decent quality food. I'm staying there again next Thursday, so maybe i'll try something else before making a final decision.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I prefer the bistro breakfast sandwiches to the older style all you can eat buffet which always looked picked over and sometimes unsanitary.  And I agree with Versel, I wish there was some way to heat the sandwich without getting it to the scolding point.  Oh well, that's when I take the time to read my email while waiting.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hopefully you are not reading emails at the table......  

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Only to myself.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...