19 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2011 9:01 AM by pingreeman RSS

Bonus information and registration

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

From colloquy:

This summer Marriott Rewards members who make two paid stays between June 1 and August 31, 2011 will earn a free night certificate to use for a future stay. Members can earn up to a maximum of two free nights by making four paid stays.

Registration is required. For more information and to register visit www.MarriottRewardsBonus.com. Members can also register by calling 888-MARRIOTT (1-888-627-7467) in the U.S. and Canada.

Participating brands include: JW Marriott, EDITION, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Members can also earn a free night by staying at Marriott Rewards’ exclusive luxury partner The Ritz-Carlton.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bonus information and registration
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

I can access the thread for the bonus promo, but I (and others I am sure) can only sign up for one. No matter what is done, the second bonus program cannot be accessed. In my case, the only promo I am entered for is the stay 20 nights for the 25,000 points, etc.

Since the Marriott website REQUIRES sign-in to access the marriottrewardsbonus.com page, the member, after signing in, only gets access to the choice Marriott has made for them. The other choice (in my case the stay 2 get 1 free) is unavailable. I cannot, no matter what avenue I try, get registered for both promotions in the way that Laura says we can on her post.

It seems every time there is a promo being done, these same posts are done. I'll ask again, for the umpteenth time, why can't it be done right from the get-go??

How about this scenario:

If there are trwo promos and we can register for two, then a page should be there that allows registration for both. If it turns out that we can only register for one even if there are two promos, then how about letting the CUSTOMER determine the one they would like to participate in?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

"If it turns out that we can only register for one even if there are two promos, then how about letting the CUSTOMER determine the one they would like to participate in?"

My thoughts exactly...

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

OK, I don't mind them signing me up for one or the other of the promotions, but on both my Marriott Rewards sign-in page AND under the "What's New" section of the Insider's Lobby, the promo is advertised as "Make 2 stays, earn a free night".  Then, when I click on the promo,  it shows I've been been signed up for the points promo, thus I guess it's kind of false advertising.  Bottom line, MR shouldn't advertise the "Make 2 stays, earn a free night" promo, unless that's the one everyone is going to get!    

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You guys have nailed exactly what I'm thinking.  Very aggravating especially for me not being particularly skilled or fond of  manuvering around the internet.  Marriott -- just keep it simple and do what you advertise you'll do.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

And how is it decided which promo you get assigned?  I get the stay 2 get one promo.  I would NEVER choose this one for me.  The 20 - 25 nights is a slam-duck for me.  Thanks Marriott!!!

Shoeman, I agree it's ridiculous!  If anything, the default promo for every platinum should be the one that gives the max points.  Then if somebody wants to swap, do it then, but for somewhat who stays as many nights a year as you to get a bonus for staying two nights (stays) is almost an insult!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'll say again....since there always seems to be confusion and aggravation every time a 'new' promo comes out.....

Let's get it right the first time!

How funny, the header for my mega bonus promo was stay two nights -get one free, but now thaty I looked, I am actually enrolled in the 20-25 night stay option......  the main screen still says the other promo......  very confusing.

Shoeman, exactly the same situation here, and the registration must have been automatic since I didn't do anything.  I still think it's curious that SteppingStones is registered for both the same one as you and I, and the free night after two paid stays, etc.  Something about that just doesn't sound right.

mynameissam Platinum 2 Reviews

The truth is, there is only one promo - what you get from the promo depends on your rewards classification.  Silver members and non-elites receive make two stays get a free night certificate and gold and above get stay 20 nights get 15,000, stay 25 nights and receive an additional 10,000.  I've called the platinum elite customer service line during the megabonus, which was being advertised in lobbies make three stays get a free night certificate up to 3 free nights (or something like that, my numbers might be off).  Guest services offered to switch how I would be rewarded, from points to nights, if I chose.  I chose points because in the long run they help me with my 100% free lodging and food vacation in key west.

The fact is they have different comparative point values - two free night certificates can be worth anywhere from 20,000 to 80,000 points depending on where you were to redeem them (category 1-4 hotels) but you are limited to category 1-4 hotels.  Straight points rewards carry flexibility.  In my case I earn my 140,000 for a 5 night stay, redeem an additional 120,000 to 240,000 depending on my balance for 1,000 to 2,000 in Marriott reward checques, and presto - room is paid for with points, meals, parking, entertainment are covered with gift cheques.

Hope this helps.  If you want to earn differently call customer service.

Sounds reasonable EXCEPT for the fact that stepping stones said clearly that he was registered for BOTH.  I'm with Husker on this, I don't get it.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Likewise, Shoeman!  As an ambassador, I contacted Marriott about this issue.  I don't have a response yet, but I am certainly one of the people who would like to pick her reward promotion.

ProfChiara

Thanks Professor!  we will await your findings.

Call Marriott -- I just got mine changed.  If they won't do it ask for a supervisor and identify yourself as a (whatever) level member.

PS -- We will keep working as ambassadors to get it be more choice-driven rather than work oriented for the member.  We have a telephone meeting scheduled soon.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings, Insiders,

We reached out to our promotions team again to get some clarity on our promotions. Hopefully I can clear some things up for you.

As you all know, some of our promotions contain targeted offers. The targeting process varies by individual member and by promotion. Members are selected for promotions based upon a number of variables, including recent hotel stay activity and stay history -- with the overall intention of providing the best possible offer potential to each member. Promotions are not based solely on level, so it is possible that members within each level will receive different offers. By targeting promotions we can provide richer offers.

I think nomenclature may be causing some of the confusion. An active promotion may have one or more offers associated with it. We may have multiple promotions in market at a time -- and you may register for more than one. But when it comes down to the promotion itself, you can only take advantage of one of the promotion's offers.  There are three offers associated with our current promotion, as you now know. However, we do assure you that nobody is participating in more than one of these offers. As mentioned above, a user can only be enrolled in one when they are tied to the same promotion.

We do believe the notion of a "better" offer is subjective, as you yourselves are indicating. Some of you like one offer, some the other.  If you have other questions about the promotion, please contact Guest Services at 1-801-468-4000 or send me a personal message with details and your account number.

Also please know that all of your ideas regarding future promotion structures have been shared with our promotions team for consideration.

Regards,

Laura

• Better mouse trap
    kahunapremier Platinum

To keep things simple, I propose to Marriott give any and ALL promotions based on status. Silver should get all the promotions based on that level, Gold, Plat and PP the same thing. Obiviously, higher the status, more promotions AND the best part, it should be inherited and auto registered.

All I should do is logon to Marriott.com and see all my promotions automatically assigned to me based on my current status. Registering for any and all promotions is outdated and prone to human mistakes.

Technolgy to be used is called Identity Management.

-- Edited by KahunaPremier at May 13, 2011 5:27 PM PDT

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Laura,

I just read about a Hyatt promotion that sounds interesting.  You can earn 10,000 points after 5 eligible stays.  After that, you earn 5,000 points for every 2 eligible stays.  You can earn a total of 60,000 points in 3 months.  I wish Marriott could do something similar to this offer.

Thank you for your prompt responses.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Some people want to count stays; some want to count nights. How is this to be balanced? For example, last year I had 50 paid stays and 190 paid nights or approximately 13 stays every three months and 52 paid nights. If there is ever a promotion that requires 15 stays in a quarter, I lose despite having over 50 paid nights.

For me, I want nights to count towards bonus, not stays.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...