7 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2011 8:25 PM by homeinarizona RSS

Cannot believe its flagged a Marriott

homeinarizona Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I booked rooms for myself and business associates at the Marriott Residence Inn, Northwoods Blvd., Charleston, SC.

The minute you enter the property, you want to turn around and walk out -- which is close to what I did. The interiors have not been updated since the late '70's, with dingy furniture, mismatched lamps, tables and hanging light fixtures; all the wall photos around and behind the front desk were askew.  Further, the clerk that wished to check me in looked like she'd been through a wringer washer and her name tag was pinned on at a 45 degree angle.  She was in an unpressed light blue blouse -- though she was polite.

The 'evening refreshments/happy hour' were described to the guest ahead of me: "Corn dogs and popcorn with punch".

I punched....right out of there -- grabbed a cab and went across the street to the Hilton Express, where my colleagues and I spent four days in cleanliness and comfort.

• Re: Cannot believe its flagged a Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Officially on my do not ever stay list, thanks. Also, checking out was a  smart idea--why get heartburn twice?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homeinarizona Gold 8 Reviews

You're right, of course!

I just discovered this part of the Marriott services (Rewards Insiders) and really look forward to being forwarned by others like yourself.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Insiders is a nice community and one which allows us to share good and bad experiences.  Also consider writing to Marriott Customer Care for a way to make your feelings known.  customer.care@marriott.com is the email address

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Put the Springhill Suites, N. Louisville on the list as well!

I still can't get over how dirty the place was.  I should have checked out but it was so late at night.  Won't let that happen again, no matter where!

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

That's disappointing. I'll have to remember that one. I have stayed at a few RIs lately since I've started trying to eat healthier (the kitchen is nice to have) and have been generally impressed.

The Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I was up to date with very good breakfast offerings.

The Residence Inn Atlanta Gwinnett Place was somewhat outdated but had the friendliest staff I've met in a while.

homeinarizona Gold

You are such a great 'replyier' ... Thakyou so much for this additional link...I WILL follow the link to the customer care center.

Thanks again:)

homeinarizona Gold

Your update is a great addition because a caring, friendly staff goes a long way to offset otherwise disappointing features.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...