2 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 9:14 AM by anadyr RSS

Watermellon Gazpacho

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yep, that's what we had as a starter at Zin Bistro in Palm Springs CA today after touring the art museum.  Seeing all that art gave us a tremendous hunger for Mediterranean food. We followed that with an excellent duo of chicken dishes fixed as well as any we've had.

We dined outside, which in early May normally means hitting 100 degrees (f) or more in the direct sun, but today we were blessed with a SW breeze and temperatures only around 85 degrees (f).  Humidity is non-existent here of course. Eating as the passing throngs of locals and tourists walked by with their dogs at times, was an added treat.

Everything is fresh, the staff welcoming, and the meal superb.

There are many restaurants along this stretch of Palm Canyon Drive but this was an especially nice experience and one I'd recommend to Insiders if in the Desert.

• Re: Watermellon Gazpacho
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Thanks for the tip! We like to try different places when we go to the 'desert' every fall. We'll have to check this one out. Looks neat. Is that a cement floor I am seeing in the pictures when I pull up the website?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Watermellon Gazpacho
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Sure is cement--good eyes!  But nice cement not warehouse variety.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...