8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2011 8:26 AM by moneyadvisor RSS

Reciprocity

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone else had good luck getting Platinum reciprocity with other hotel chains? In years past I was foruntate enough to get a Platinum comp from Starwood, Hilton, Omni and IHG, but not the rest. I assume they keep records of who app,lies but I may try again.

• Re: Reciprocity
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I've got it from Hilton and Hyatt.  Hilton gave me a 3 year pass, Hyatt gave me a 1 year pass.  Hilton was 2 years ago, Hyatt was this year.  good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks Shoeman, I also go that three year deal and Omni, where I very seldom stay gave me a no expiration date status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

allleisure Platinum

I am new to the Customer Loyalty game. How would I approach the folk at HHonors requesting Platinum status based on my Marriott status?

Send them an email--there is a contact us location on all these sites.  In your first email ask how you can be given equivalent status for your Marriott achievement and offer to provide documentation.

They asked me for proof and I forwared (by fax as I recall) my most recent statement from MR.  It may not always work but it did for Shoeman and myself.  Good luck and let us know what happens.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

AllLeisure

In addition to Stepping Stones advice, I would offer this idea.  I actually booked a night at a Hilton and worked my magic with the night manager at checkin.  He became my partner in getting the status.  In fact, after pleading my case with him, he took my info and days later my Hilton status card showed up at my house.  good luck.

navychopper Gold

Lowly Gold members will not get reciprocity from Hilton or Starwood; tried last week to no avail--must be Platinum.

Doesn't seem fair--after all this is a game where loyalty counts and Gold Level is a great achievement!  I think all programs should offer at least temporary equivalency and reciprocity.

moneyadvisor Gold

Sounds like a good idea to get status with other providersASAP.  I am going to lose platinum this year, not traveling as much.  So getting top level at another provider makes sense since Marriott is not going to honor anything for me next year.

I wonder if next year as a HH top level will Marriott then gicve recip back to me to stay Platinum?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...