6 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 10:42 AM by missyp32 RSS

Courtyard Venice Italy Airport

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone stayed here recently?  We are traveling Italy and flying out of Venice, so I booked three rooms for two nights here. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Venice Tessera, Italy Courtyard By Marriott Protea Hotel Riempie Estate
Tessera, Italy
  • Re: Courtyard Venice Italy Airport
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

It's nice to use your points but sometimes the trade off isn't worth it.  This property is too far out of Venice for you to enjoy yourself.  Won't be able to go back to the hotel and freshen up or rest before dinner, etc.  I recommend staying in Venice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

allijeee Platinum

I have stayed here after returning from a cruise out of Venice.  Let me tell you - this is probably THE BEST Courtyard property I have seen.  The breakfast was fabulous, the bathroom was amazing, the staff was beyond helpful and the entire hotel is super clean...I cannot say enough about the Venice Courtyard, great great hotel!

That said, I do agree that you should probably stay IN Venice.  For the first leg of the trip, I stayed at the Hotel Citta di Milano, which is right in the heart of the action. It was great and priced very well!  http://www.hotelcittadimilano.com/en/index.html

Have so much fun!  Venice is amazing!

Thanks, NewHilton and Alijee, for the comments.

I would agree, staying in Venice would be better, however, following two weeks and 6 people, I was enticed by using some points.  It looked like a nice place and was convenient to the airport, from where we will leave.  We will be spending a day in Venice and will probably just take the shuttle from the hotel to the water taxi docks, south of the airport.  Hopefully, it won't be too inconvenient.

Ciao.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi PSUDad,

I have to agree with the other posts, having spent some significant time in Venice.  I always stay at the Best Western Sant' Elena, which is right at a vaporetto stop near the gardens and is very reasonable.  Nothing would induce me, not even points or a free stay, to stay anywhere but in Venice.  The Sant' Elena is a good alternative.  There's simply too much of Venice to take in and you really want to be close to the vaporetto (buy a three day pass for unlimited use) to you can go out to Burano, Murano, etc. as well as the usual suspects.

Enjoy! ProfChiara

Thanks Prof and all.  Have been to Venice before for long day trips with my wife's relatives from Bologna.  We are only spending a day there, this time.   Agree with all your points of in versus near and appreciate the review of the Courtyard.

Ciao.

missyp32 Platinum

Perhaps the worst customer service I have ever received. The staff was not helpful, ripped me off and was all around AWFUL! I would highly suggest going elsewhere. Allow me to explain:

- Upon arrival they said I'd be charged $50 more for an early check-in. I refused to pay this and said I'd wait instead. Shortly after (30 mins) they came and gave me my key in the lobby after I called the Platinum line.

- I called down to the lobby for the internet code 3 times. No one answered. I walked downstairs and there were 4 people at the desk. Playing a game.

- My friend had another room and their safe was not working. She called down (no one answered again!) so she went downstairs and asked for help. He said they would be up in 2 mins. 1 hour went by and we had to call repeatedly to get them to come up.

- The website says there is a shuttle to Venice. There is NOT! There is a bus stop across the street though.

- Although they said there were no charges at check out they charged me $73.

DO NOT STAY HERE. I will be informing Marriott of these issues as this is very unlike the chain. They should drop this franchise immediately.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...