7 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2011 7:25 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Towel Trouble

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in the quality (or maybe just increase in age) of bath towels at most properties? I have stayed at some hotels where they are very nice...almost to the point where you would look to see if the tag was still attached. However, my general experience of late has not been good. Overall, they seem to be rough and/or not absorbent enough. And it doesn't seem to be limited to the lower category hotels, either.

Every property I check into now has a Green Card...some variation on "A towel on the floor means wash it; a towel on the rack means use it again and save the environment." I think I may take it one step futher and start packing my own from home.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Towel Trouble
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

One of the not so dirty little secrets is that some of the Marriotts have gone to a bamboo towel blend, which turns out is easier for them to launder, but harder to be qualified as a towel, which the dictionary says is an absorption device!

I think at times the Green Initiative is overtaking common sense and guest quality.  My profile says that I always ask for extra towels and I almost always get them.  With the advent of Bamboo Towels, I need them

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

I hear you, but  believe you are being to generous to marriott,  Somehow explaining it off as a "green initiative".  In reality, it is VERY WORN towels.  period.  Let's keep it real and call it like it is.

Shoeman, you are as always, a man who is all knowing.  Atually a worn 100% cotton towel beats a new Bamboo towel any day--just ask anyone who's used one

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yes, I too have noticed the towel problem.  An even more serious problem from my perspective at several stays over the past year is that it does seem like I've gotten completely fresh towels when I check in.  In other words, they are folded or put on the racks like ordinary people (that would be us) do rather than trained professionals. It really has appeared to me that some towels were used but not changed.

Anyone else have that problem?

ProfChiara

SS

Definately not all knowing, just not a Marriott apologist......

So true, dear Shoeman, so true, and thanks for that reminder.

ss

anytime.  gotta be fair and balanced.....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...